Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Keys to the Jets game

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

Keys to the Jets game

We were right about what the Steelers needed to do to beat the Ravens, now what do they need to do to beat the Jets? We're probably all a lot less familiar with the Jets, obviously, but from watching the game tonight I can pick up a thing or two that we need to do on both sides of the ball.

On defense we need to get to Sanchez. He's a young quarterback, he'll scare easy. If we put as much pressure on him as we did on Flacco, I'm guessing we would get the same result. He'll panic, the rest of the offense panics, the whole thing snowballs out of control, we pick up a few turnovers and our offense capitalizes.

Which brings me to the offense. They did a good job of capitalizing on all the turnovers against the Ravens, we need to keep doing that against the Jets. If we get the ball on their side of the field, we need to score a touchdown, not a field goal. We need to burry these Jets. We can't leave them hanging around cause we'll certainly pay for it if we do.

We also need to find a way to get the ball to our young receivers. Obviously BA refuses to give Heath the touches he deserves, and Hines looks slower and slower by the minute. Somehow our young guys (Wallace, Brown, and Sanders) need to figure out how to get open against a very good Jets secondary. It's a lot to ask from them, but they got a good practice run against a worse, but still mediocre Ravens secondary.

What else needs to happen for the Steelers to win?

cant we just combine threads we just started, itd would be a good combo.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    cant we just combine threads we just started, itd would be a good combo.
    Which thread? I saw 43 just started a thread about stuff from the Jets game in December. They could all be combined I guess

I think heath needs to get 6-9 balls thrown to his this game. Run some quick slants and dont start ur wr's out on the lines so they have less of a chance to get jammed, and Hood has to play like he did lastweek to stop sanchez and the run. I noticed tonight sanchez likes to throw alot of passes in between the numbers and the jets on 3rd and long dont mind rushing in them situations to try and catch the defense off guard.

--- Added 1/16/2011 at 07:56 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Which thread? I saw 43 just started a thread about stuff from the Jets game in December. They could all be combined I guess
    Lol I was jking, I thought itd be kool what matchups your looking for and this thread lol.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Lol I was jking, I thought itd be kool what matchups your looking for and this thread lol.
    Maybe this one will be moved. We shall see, we shall see.

So you think we get heath involved here pretty heavy? I dont see the pass rush that bad of the jets from the outside, mostly up the middle which should mean heath wont have to chip block so much and run som e routes.

My Mood
    Addicted
    BA will never get Heath involved as much as he should be. Regardless of the circumstances. He'll serve the same purpose in this game as he has every game this season.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    BA will never get Heath involved as much as he should be. Regardless of the circumstances. He'll serve the same purpose in this game as he has every game this season.
    No i got its, Ba will call a screen for heathe about 1 yard pass the line of scrimmage lmao

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    I'd say we need to play the hurry up offense all game long, but the Jets like to fake injuries to slow down an offense in hurry up mode.
    :logospin:

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The key is, the Steelers cannot be afraid to attack the Jets secondary. You can't shy away from good DB's because you limit yourselves too much and that plays right into the hands of the Jets. Revis is good, no question but Cromartie can be thrown on and we certainly have more than 2 good WR's for Ben to throw too.

The Jets will be aggressive, they play like we do. They will attack when necessary and aren't afraid to send the house leaving the secondary 1 on 1. Ben needs use that quick passing game he found on Saturday night to his advantage. He'll never be confused for a Dan Marino quick release or a Tom Brady get the ball out of your hands in 2 seconds, but it was something different we haven't seen as much of this year.

Thread Information