Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Keys to the Jets game

Bookmark and Share
    Steelers need to sharpen up their kick coverage teams - PERIOD!

Defensively, pressure Sanchez and the CB's have to take away the slants to Holmes and Edwards. Otherwise, be stout against the run, and play physical, smart football.

Offensively, Timely running, time of posession, get 7's not 3's and take care of the football - and Ben.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Ben and the WR's actually had success against the Jets and that was still when Ben was dealing with his foot/nose.....Sure those injuries still linger but I think he is closer to 100 percent then the last time these two teams met.......

1. SPECIAL TEAMS is number 1 key in this game...........I use caps for a reason since Brad Smith went house the last time..........Field position through out the game will be huge.........

2. Turn overs-Is always key in a football game especially in the play-offs

3. Protect the QB on offense and Rush the QB on Defense-Which team that fails to protect their QB and which team does the better job of pressuring the QB will be huge.....

4. Don't Let Santonio Be Great-We all know first hand of Holmes being a big game player.........I don't think I have to remind any of you of that......

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Ben and the WR's actually had success against the Jets and that was still when Ben was dealing with his foot/nose.....Sure those injuries still linger but I think he is closer to 100 percent then the last time these two teams met.......

1. SPECIAL TEAMS is number 1 key in this game...........I use caps for a reason since Brad Smith went house the last time..........Field position through out the game will be huge.........

3. Protect the QB on offense and Rush the QB on Defense-Which team that fails to protect their QB and which team does the better job of pressuring the QB will be huge.....

4. Don't Let Santonio Be Great-We all know first hand of Holmes being a big game player.........I don't think I have to remind any of you of that......
    Im more worried about tone than edwards, I think edwards is more worried about doing the "comb my hair, but my helmet is in the way, dance" Like I said earlier. Sanchez tonight was all in between the numbers throwing except for the little flares to the rb. We shut down rice no problem so im not worried about tomlinson or greene, we just need to shut down keller and holmes.

My Mood
    Mad
    Holmes is the best WR after the catch in the NFL and we know he was clutch for us and he has been clutch for the Jets...........He isn't the brightest person in life but that dude can play some football........

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post

Holmes is MONEY man, he can cross Brady and the Patriots off his list of teams he victimized in the final minutes of a game. That TD sealed the game for the Jets today. Ike Taylor needs to account for him on every play, especially if it's still a tight game in the 4th they are going to look for Holmes to make a play and we all know he can catch!

My Mood
    Mad
    Hell that is my Holmes jersey I'm wearing in my profile pic....Still have the jersey and will not get rid of it....He is the enemy now but he made one of the greatest catches in Steelers history to win a Super Bowl....He helped beat the Pats today so the AFC title game will be held in Pittsburgh.....I will always be a Holmes fan........

Steelers can't let him be great on Sunday.........Ike must shadow him......But if Ike does then Edwards height could be a serious problem for McFadden or Gay........

Don't worry ,Ike takes care of Holmes and Lebeau will use different schemes to halt Edwards .
    Blitz , cover 2 , bump and run , we'll have it all covered

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by pimplydan View Post
    Don't worry ,Ike takes care of Holmes and Lebeau will use different schemes to halt Edwards .
    Blitz , cover 2 , bump and run , we'll have it all covered
    I'm not worried at all....Just looking at potential match up problems......

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrison92 View Post
    Steelers need to sharpen up their kick coverage teams - PERIOD!

Defensively, pressure Sanchez and the CB's have to take away the slants to Holmes and Edwards. Otherwise, be stout against the run, and play physical, smart football.

Offensively, Timely running, time of posession, get 7's not 3's and take care of the football - and Ben.
    Yeah..special teams is a concern. We can't afford any more return TD's. I'm thinking we will need to play the best all around game that we've played all season to win this game.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Love
    When the Jets crash in to the Steelers Defense it's all over. Jets come crashing down. Sorry Rex.

Thread Information