Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Harbaugh's Flagrant First Down Challenge

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Fight
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeed View Post
    I am convinced he did that on unscrupulously. I feel that should be penalty. That is the sort of tactic he will resort to for a win. I can just visualize him yelling and screaming at an opposing coach who did the exact same thing. He seems like a huge bigot. Can you imagine Tomlin doing that? I would be embarrassed.
    Yeah there is no way Tomlin would of done that because he is to busy looking like a deer caught in headlight when his team is starting to fall apart.
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

Harbaugh is not the first to throw the challenge flag in attenpt to stall and say "duh, i didn't know I couldn't challenge that". It's just a flaw in the NFL challenge rules that needs to be looked at.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazedby92 View Post
    Yeah there is no way Tomlin would of done that because he is to busy looking like a deer caught in headlight when his team is starting to fall apart.

=

I don't give a **** what MT's eyes looks like, just win 2 more games!
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Draft Pick
    When it happened I immediately knew what he was doing; classless, unethical? Maybe. Regarless of whether it's right or wrong, there's nothing in the rules to prohibit it and as much as it pains me to say it was a smart move.

Just like they had to make rules for situations like offensive players "getting hurt" in the last minute of a game, the NFL will have to cover this situation.

Dude was pulling out all stops while trying to win a game (what he's hired and paid to do). Would we all feel the same if the tables were turned?

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityShaker View Post
    Dude was pulling out all stops while trying to win a game (what he's hired and paid to do). Would we all feel the same if the tables were turned?
    That question isn't necessary. The Steelers are as classy of an organization as it gets. I don't think Tomlin would ever pull that ****.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    That question isn't necessary. The Steelers are as classy of an organization as it gets. I don't think Tomlin would ever pull that ****.
    When desperation sets in ANY man is capable of doing things they wouldn't normally consider, and yes that includes Tomlin.

It happens in baseball all the time when managers walk extra slowly out to the mound, or take a lot of time talking, thus the umpire goes out and gets them to break it up otherwise they'd be out there all day.

Basketball coaches find ways all the time to have impromptu "timeouts" while subbing players etc.

Ever see a hockey goalie or defenseman "unintentionally" knock a net off it's moorings when under intense pressure?

Rules are rules, and if something is within the scope of the rules then so be it, I still believe the NFL should address it as I don't believe it should be allowed, but he did nothing "wrong" technically.

Of course there are unwritten rules and the enforment of those are always handled on the field.

i woulda done the same thing

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i woulda done the same thing
    thats b/c ur an ******* who wants to win at all costs...lol

if tomlin did it, they'd be like..."OMG TOMLIN IS COACH OF THE YEAR NO DOUBT!!!!"

Thread Information