Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The official "Is Bill Cowher retiring thread"

Bookmark and Share
    House of Steel
    Capt., I've looked up every stinking Cleveland Media Outlet on the internet and noone has this rumor filed up on their site. I even had the nerves to e mail the Post-Gazette to confirmed this with Mr. Gerry Dulac, whom I trust all the way with the Steelers News. I told him, this has got to be a crazy rumor out of the way for anyone in the Cleveland Media Market to even suggest this without prove of a confirmation source to back it up. It is insane to suggest even putting a rumor up without a backup source. PLEASE GIVE ME THE SOURCE TO BACK UP YOUR CLAIM OF HEARING THAT GARBAGE!!!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Whos to say that the Rooneys didn't make him an offer before the season started....cold hard cash. The Rooneys aren't stupid and they know what they have with Bill in the drivers seat. They also know what it takes to win in the NFL another reason there have been only 2 HC's since 1969 at Pittsburgh. IMHO if the Steelers season had been 12-4 and another SB win then I think he would step down. But with the unknowns of the way this season went...Big Ben's crash, his appendectomy, injuries and so forth with the talent on this team hes got a big question floating around in his head....WHAT IF??? We went on a win streak that fell short of making it to the playoffs but it also showed this team has a lot of heart, guts and character. So I'm thinking Bill will be back to get that WHAT IF??? answered. Who knows...we shall see in a few days...any way it goes hes brought a lot to the Steelers and to Pittsburgh and I'll say Good Luck and Thank you.....

House of Steel
    I am not accusing the Rooneys of anything. I would absolutely be thrilled to hear if that rumor is true. Who wouldn't take a deal like that? I am trying to confirm the source of that rumor.

SA's #1 James Farrior Fan PITT23's Avatar
    I read somewhere that Cowher is actually going to wait a full week or more after the Sunday game to announce his plans. This could be a rumor but it could also be true. Hopefully he's quick with his decision.
    :: Whoa, where the hell was I for 2 years?::

Satan's Helper SteelersfaninPhilly's Avatar

decisions decisions

Cowher will make a quick decision. Do you really think the Rooneys want to make this into a media circus for the offseason?

http://americanat.blogspot.com/

I'm blind, I'm deaf, I wanna be a ref! Get on your knees ref your blowing the game!

Big thank you to pa state Daryl Metcalfe. For doing the right thing.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Whos to say that the Rooneys didn't make him an offer before the season started....cold hard cash. The Rooneys aren't stupid and they know what they have with Bill in the drivers seat. They also know what it takes to win in the NFL another reason there have been only 2 HC's since 1969 at Pittsburgh

Very true, we'll never know how much money they offered him to stay, or if he just said "hey Im not sure I want to come back next year, I may need a break" etc. The thing that I keep thinking about is that Bill has the ultimate job here in Pittsburgh; job security, great owners, great fans, alot of success, dedicated players, I mean if you're going to coach why would you want to do it anywhere else, so that tells me he just wants a break to relax and spend time with Kay and see his daughters play in college, etc.

Thread Information