Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Steeler Nation Turning On Big Ben?

Bookmark and Share
    He obviously isnt 100% right in the head yet or physically. Hopefully he can get healthy and revert to pre-accident form, but I dont think its a given that he will. A serious life threating blut force tramua to the head with another light concussion is some serious stuff, we will have to wait untill next year to find out. But there is always that chance that his eggs are permanently scrambled
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

I think that bean will be fine, he has had a rough year but he is a hard working and confident guy, he has played great this year, except for the times right after he was hurt....mabey the ravens just had our number this year because he has had nearly flawless games, but we all know he cant play after he gets hurt, last year, this year or any year...we are still a good team and will bounce back strong next year as long as ben stays away from sharp/moving/poisonous and any other harmful things. I do think that he and cowher cost us the playoffs with his stubborness and cowhers babying him. If he would have sat out jacksonville i think our whole season wouldve been different, we would have played better against SD and Cincy. Even if he sat out Oakland....that was the killer game, batch couldve beaten oakland with ease....ben is the man and im so happy hes our QB....but he is a stubborn person and the team felt the effects of it this year.....next year will be different

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Every player in the league who's any player, wants to play in pain and doesnt want to come out, ever. If they could out there with a broken leg they'd do it. It's part stubborness, part pride, part dedication to your 'mates, and just generally not wanting to not be on the field. BC most definately should have put his foot down and Ben and sat him knowing that something just wasn't right.

That's where a coach has to be the man and make the decision for what's best for the team, and with Ben clearly not on his game, Batch could have come in and done his job as the backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I was at the game Sunday vs the Ravens and I heard some very nasty comments from some Steelers fans about Ben. I even heard one fan say "Ben I hope you get into another accident". I was wondering if TopGun and the others from SA that went to the game Sunday heard any Ben bashing. I have been fustrated at times with Ben and the Steelers this year. But I'm still a fan of Ben's and I hope he rebounds and sticks it to the Steelers fans that doubt him now.

I have been reading some articles from Ron Cook and others in the Pitt media bashing Ben. I really think its lame to knock Ben since he has brought the city,team and fans more good times then bad.

I know Ben will rebound next year and I'm already looking forward to next year.

whoever said he hoped ben gets in another accident is a typical yinzer *******.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We've all been so spoiled by Ben's first 2 years in the league, and maybe he was alittle too. This is the first time he's struggled with for any length of time dating all the way back through college. Im sure it's been an adjustment for him, and he forced the issue alot this year with his play. A full offseason of rest and then getting back into the flow little by little should do him a world of good.

I'm still a Big Ben fan!! But I won't lie, I feel bad for the guy! He's had a horrid year, yea he's made some crappy throws and decisions, but the o-line has been way off this year! Finish the year off with a good game against the POS bungles and move on to 2007!! HERE WE GO STEELERS!!

My Mood
    Chatty
    Oh I agree...it was definately the entire team...I do think that when Bettis left, the team lost alot of heart..in the locker room and the field. They just all seemed all out of sync...It started with Ben's accident and all of our receivers dropping balls...Even Hines!!!!! Fumbling..I remember last year you couldn't pry a ball out of his cold dead hands....Our O-line was horrible and the Defense showed up half the time, and special teams...need I say more!! ...So it was an entire team loss...

Next year will be different!!!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Stuck in damned cincinnati ..Raised in western pa
    I think ben will be ok,I remember Bradhaw's 3rd season was very rough and look what happened there.

Where I was sitting they werent bashing Ben but they were chanting for Batch.

If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -- Jack Lambert, 1990 HOF Induction Speech

My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Aunkster View Post
    I think ben will be ok,I remember Bradhaw's 3rd season was very rough and look what happened there.

Where I was sitting they werent bashing Ben but they were chanting for Batch.
    Very good point! The Steeler fans made Bradshaw feel like crap
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Steeler fans in general are as dedicated as you'll find in sports. We stand by our team no matter what..but we do get pissed off and frustrated because we've been so spoiled with success.

Thread Information