Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Steeler Nation Turning On Big Ben?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Chatty
    I haven't heard anything..yet..anyone else?

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Quote Originally Posted by BengalBrian View Post
    Is Ben playing this week btw? I heard he got hurt but have not really read anything

And I agree with the thought that he was rushed in too early this year.. 1-0 and Batch should have just bought time for Ben to get healthy.
    Haven't heard anything

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    Haven't heard anything
    Probably nothing serious then..
    Brian
    cincybengals.com

The Ben bashing has got to stop. He has bad games just like everyone else (Palmer, Manning, etc) To doubt him and bash him is rediculous. We had a bad year, actually a horrible one, but it is not only his fault...everyone seemed to let us down at some point in the season. We have to rally together, keep Cincy out of the playoffs (sorry Brian...you know I luv ya!!), and come back strong next year!!!

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by BBG7 View Post
    The Ben bashing has got to stop. He has bad games just like everyone else (Palmer, Manning, etc) To doubt him and bash him is rediculous. We had a bad year, actually a horrible one, but it is not only his fault...everyone seemed to let us down at some point in the season. We have to rally together, keep Cincy out of the playoffs (sorry Brian...you know I luv ya!!), and come back strong next year!!!
    Its all good.. You wouldnt be a good fan if you didnt root against us

Are we still meeting at the game so you can buy me dinner after we win?
    Brian
    cincybengals.com

My Mood
    texans-hater
    Every quarterback or player goes through some tough times and points in there career and it just so happened that this was that year for it to happen finally to Big Ben. Lets face it the guy is still way ahead of the learning curve. He has taken this team to 2 AFC Championship games in his first 2 years and won a Super Bowl of course as well. How many 2nd or 3rd year QB's can come into the league right away and do that?? Not too many. Did Ben not have a good year?? Absolutely he didnt. He was down right awful at times. Now whether it was because of the accident or his health, or other teams catching on to him a bit I dont know. But the bottom line is Ben just didnot play at a level this Steelers team as a whole needs him to play at if there ever gonna get back to where we want it to go. Cowher can share blame in this season just as much as Ben can. He set the tone this year in camp letting guys off the hook and not being as hard as them as he was in the past. And of course his bonehead coaching decisions to leave Colclough in there in the Cincy game when he knew he was dropping punts in camp everyday and was not reliable, and starting Ben in the Oakland game when he had a concussion the previous week and not pulling him during the game for Batch when Ben clearly was showing signs that he was not ready to play that game.

The bottom line is for the Steelers they just didnot get it done this year. They turned the ball over way too much, they had too much inconsistent play all the way across the board. This team for whatever reason was just not good enough this year to get it done. I do feel Ben will bounce back and play better next year much like the entire team will. This team does have a lot of areas to address and hopefully they can do that. Good news about next year is our schedule wont be as tough, we will be kind of under the radar and not expected to do as good as this year, and teams wont take us as seriously as this year.

This Steelers team still has enough good core players and young guys around I think with Ben as the QB to get back to the playoffs I think as soon as next year. The mentality in camp has got to be different then it was this year coming in come next July. This team cannot just think afford and think it has to show up again much like it did this year and expect to win. Whether Cowher is here or not next year a lot of things from an attitude leadership standpoint need to change on this team come next season and it needs to happen right away before things get out of control early on like they did this year. Fans gave Ben and this Steelers team a free pass pretty much this year for the Super Bowl win last season. Next year dont look for that to happen at all. If this team struggles especially early on in the year its going to get really ugly around here in a hurry.

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    One reason we can be sure that Big Ben wasn't the only reason for our losses is the fact that his lowest QB rating for the year was one game of like 34. something. All the rest of his games have been higher than that. Rex Grossman has had at LEAST 2-3 games of less than a 12 rating (that's TWELVE--one game was 1.3...) Even the mighty Phillip Rivers of Pro Bowl worthiness has a rating of 12 or less perhaps a couple of times. BOTH those QB's teams won those games that they played so poorly in.

What I'm saying is--if 2 other teams could pull off wins while their QB had rating that made Big Ben's lowest rating look like a seasoned vet, shouldn't OUR team still have won??

That is the reason I hesitate to really lay much of the blame at Big Ben's feet. Had the whole team stepped up like River's and Grossman's team did to bail THEM out of some really HORRIBLY played games, then we should've easily won those games we lost where Big Ben had QB ratings of 35 and higher.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Nobody should doubt Ben's ability to be a good QB in this league. After what he's accomplished so quickly it was inevitable that he'd struggle some but with everything that happened it just made it worse. Ben hasn't been comfortable all year long so some time away from football and all the stress of the injuries will do him good.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Nobody should doubt Ben's ability to be a good QB in this league. After what he's accomplished so quickly it was inevitable that he'd struggle some but with everything that happened it just made it worse. Ben hasn't been comfortable all year long so some time away from football and all the stress of the injuries will do him good.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The whole damn team needs a break. I don't care what anybody says, with all the turmoil and questions surrounding BC's future and a super bowl hangover they just flat out stunk up the joint for nearly 3/4 of the season so they all need a break. I fully expect Ben to come back next year with renewed fire and confidence.

Thread Information