Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Steeler Nation Turning On Big Ben?

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad

The Steeler Nation Turning On Big Ben?

I was at the game Sunday vs the Ravens and I heard some very nasty comments from some Steelers fans about Ben. I even heard one fan say "Ben I hope you get into another accident". I was wondering if TopGun and the others from SA that went to the game Sunday heard any Ben bashing. I have been fustrated at times with Ben and the Steelers this year. But I'm still a fan of Ben's and I hope he rebounds and sticks it to the Steelers fans that doubt him now.

I have been reading some articles from Ron Cook and others in the Pitt media bashing Ben. I really think its lame to knock Ben since he has brought the city,team and fans more good times then bad.

I know Ben will rebound next year and I'm already looking forward to next year.
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 12-26-2006 at 12:29 PM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I wouldnt worry about it dude, it happens all the time at games. When a team struggles or even when they don't, fans turn on players quicker than a $5 hooker makes appointments on a saturday night. The city and fans overall love Ben and wouldn't trade him for the whole world but the way this season has gone it gives people all the more reason to bitch about everything. When you go to a game, especially when so much is on the line, and the team or a player struggles the fans are quick to judge and fly off the handle, especially when they're drunk.

I heard way more comments downing the ratbirds and their fans then towards Ben. All the talk shows, the TV shows, newspapers know that Ben struggles but they also know that Ben is a good QB and he's our guy. He has struggled this year, so has the whole team, but with all that's happened to him and how the team has underachieved as a whole this year the fans are just tired of losing because we're so accustomed to winning.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I just found it disturbing that some fans were wishing harm on Ben. Plus Ron Cook can take his latest articles and stick'em up his ***. I know most Steelers fans are still behind Big Ben. But its going to be very interesting if the Steelers struggle in the first couple games next year and how the Steelers fans in general act toward Ben.

Even Terry Bradshaw was booed and he won four Super Bowls.

I actually ran into a restaurant during the game to pick up a gift certificate.. It was a sports bar, and when I was in there, all I know is there was a group of steeler fans cursing ben out at the TV.. Throw the ball you idiot.. You suck Ben.. He was getting sacked :shrug:

I was more irritated that I was in a bar in cincinnati and they were rooting for the steelers.. lol

But then again, noone cares for the Ratbirds around here and there are plenty of Steeler fans
    Brian
    cincybengals.com

It was the first time Ive straight up doubted Ben's ability to get it done. I think putting his face through a windshield then getting another concussion has scrambled his eggs if you get my drift. His field vision and quick decision making abilities are just poor this season, He will get the next two seasons to get it straightened out but if he doesnt they may just let his contract expire. He just hasnt been able to hit the open guy even when he has time, then with protection issues and head issues it obviously made gun shy and has given him a case of the happy feet. We'll see how he does next year but my confidence in him is wavering
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

Those are usually the fans that jumped on the band wagon at the start of the season because the Steelers won the Super Bowl. Ben is the future of this franchise and considering he didn't have his sophomore slump last year we knew he was bound to have it at some point. Ben will be back next year and probably have his best season ever. It was just a bad year all around for the Steelers and you can't really place the balme on any one player!

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    Those are usually the fans that jumped on the band wagon at the start of the season because the Steelers won the Super Bowl. Ben is the future of this franchise and considering he didn't have his sophomore slump last year we knew he was bound to have it at some point. Ben will be back next year and probably have his best season ever. It was just a bad year all around for the Steelers and you can't really place the balme on any one player!
    Not trying to start anything seriously.. But Ben was a HUGE part of the bad season... He had some phenomenal breakout games as well, which is good for his progression. He also gained a lot of needed experience that he lacked in his first two seasons. He is transitioning from a game manager to a play maker. He has shown good and bad signs.. Only time will tell.
    Brian
    cincybengals.com

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by BengalBrian View Post
    Not trying to start anything seriously.. But Ben was a HUGE part of the bad season... He had some phenomenal breakout games as well, which is good for his progression. He also gained a lot of needed experience that he lacked in his first two seasons. He is transitioning from a game manager to a play maker. He has shown good and bad signs.. Only time will tell.
    Well I like this post even though you're a Bengal fan!! hehehe! But you are correct in his accident was a HUGE part of this bad season and it showed in every way..He seemed like his eggs were scrambled most of the season until the last 3 games..He just wasn't right..you could really tell..The smart thing for his health..was to let Charlie play until he was 100% and I'm not saying that out of my selfishness of wanting to win all the time but lets face it, would we let our kids do this after a life altering accident such as Ben's?? He has his entire career ahead of him..why would they be in such a hurry to get him out there to play when we have the luxury to have a fabulous back up like Charlie...It's nothing bad for Ben if Charlie would have started, but he seriously needed to take it easy..one bad hit and his career and possibly his life could have ended this season....I truly love Ben and he's wonderful but his health should have come before this football team..at least that's how I feel..Thank you for the post..it's nice to see something positive come from a fan of another team, that's classy...

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Quote Originally Posted by BengalBrian View Post
    I know you are not trying to start anything. Ben did have an awful year and the Oakland game could be mainly his fault, but I'm not going to blame him for everything. I think the blame falls on everyone on both sides of the ball.

It was definetly a learning experience for him though!

Is Ben playing this week btw? I heard he got hurt but have not really read anything

And I agree with the thought that he was rushed in too early this year.. 1-0 and Batch should have just bought time for Ben to get healthy.
    Brian
    cincybengals.com

Thread Information