Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: What MUST the Ravens do to have a legit chance to win this game??

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    Top 30 Troyisabeast_43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,824
    My Mood
    saints-hater

    What MUST the Ravens do to have a legit chance to win this game??

    I know a lot of people will look at this thread and say HUH?? Why is he asking that question when it's a Steelers message board?? But I thought I would turn the tables a little bit and get everyone's thoughts on how the Ravens can win this game and finally beat the Steelers when Ben Roethlisberger is the QB something they havent done in nearly 5 years. I think it all comes down to Joe Flacco once again being able to outperform Ben Roethlisberger for the entire 60 minutes and not make that one critical interception or sack or fumble in the game that Ben usually doesnt make and Flacco usually does make when the Steelers play the Ravens. I really believe it's key for the Steelers to get out to the lead in this game and go no huddle/hurry up a lot of this game and exploit that weak Ravens secondary and give Ben more time to throw in the pocket by putting him in the shotgun. The Steelers have the weapons on offense with Hines Wallace,Sanders,Miller,Brown, and even Mendy and Redman to spread the Ravens out all game I believe and have their way with them. I am just praying this is not the one game that Joe Flacco finally beats Ben Roethlisberger since it has yet to happen and is long overdue as the old saying goes.

    Ill be honest with some of you guys right now at the start of the week I just have a bad vibe about this game at this point and time. It definitely could change and sometimes does as the week goes on but right now at this point and time I just have a sickening type of feeling that the Ravens somehow someway will win this game. I hope I am dead wrong and my gut will change and now I want to hear why people think the Steelers will win this game and how the Ravens can win this game??

  2. #2
    Starter igor0190's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Coldest Major City in the WORLD
    Posts
    1,438
    I really hope the lack of rest (5 days off between games) really hurts the Ratbirds... The Steelers need to start fast in this one as the Rats should wear down more than the Steelers throughout the game.

  3. #3
    Top 30 Troyisabeast_43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,824
    My Mood
    saints-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by igor0190 View Post
    I really hope the lack of rest (5 days off between games) really hurts the Ratbirds... The Steelers need to start fast in this one as the Rats should wear down more than the Steelers throughout the game.
    That's why as you said it's key for the Steelers to start fast and get out to a 10-14 point lead in this game and keep that Ravens defense on the field a lot and keep grinding them and wearing them down as the game goes on. The Steelers absolutely cannot afford to have these 8-9 minute possessions like we have seen them have numerous times this season where they move the ball in between the 20's and hold onto the ball forever, but at the end of the drive they come away with 3 or worse yet 0 points. Not cashing in on scoring opportunities against the Ravens will absolutely kill you and Bruce Arians is going to once again have to get his head out of his *** this week and call plays that best exploit this Ravens defense.

    The best way to do that as I mentioned above is to go no huddle/hurry up a lot of the time. You cannot play this game where you do run on first and second down and try to pound the Ravens and then set-up 3rd and mid range or long. The Steelers need to use Mike Wallace and Sanders over the middle with those quick slant plays which get them to the middle of the field where they can use their speed and out run the Ravens secondary which is not very good at all. You are going to know right away how this game is going to turn out I believe it wont take very long. If the Steelers fail to take advantage of good field position and scoring opportunities early in this game when they get them which I believe they will get, then they are playing right into the Ravens hands and at some point the Ravens if you dont take advantage of the mistakes they make and the opportunities they give you they will make you pay and pay big time...The Steelers have to make sure that doesnt happen in this game or they will be in huge trouble...

  4. #4
    LarryNJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,852
    Get the ball in Ray Rice and Todd Heap hands consistently in the short passing game. That will open up a couple big plays to number 81. Win the TO battle. Blitz Sugg every play.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

  5. #5
    Assistant Coach steelchamp204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,450
    You act like this will be a blowout, the ravens dont need to do anything, this will be a close game.

  6. #6
    Top 30 Troyisabeast_43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,824
    My Mood
    saints-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    You act like this will be a blowout, the ravens dont need to do anything, this will be a close game.
    I think if the Steelers offense plays like they are capable of and BA stops ****ing around with playcalling, and the defense shows up and plays like we all know they will do then I think the Steelers have a chance to beat the Ravens by 10-14 points in this game. The Ravens offense lacks killer instinct late in games and has had a lot of problems scoring TD's in the 2nd half and putting games away. They cannot afford to do that in this game or they will lose. The Ravens offense will have a much harder time moving the ball in this game then they did in Baltimore on December 5th even though they didnt do that great in that game to begin with. I dont see them hitting those big passes to Boldin and Stallworth that they hit in Baltimore at their own goaline. The crowd will be a big factor in this game for Flacco I believe and if you put him behind in this game he is bound to throw an interception or get sacked and fumble the ball...

  7. #7
    steelersbabex25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    College Park, MD
    Posts
    12,055
    My Mood
    Addicted
    But I thought I would turn the tables a little bit and get everyone's thoughts on how the Ravens can win this game
    They can't.

  8. #8
    Assistant Coach steelchamp204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,450
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    I think if the Steelers offense plays like they are capable of and BA stops ****ing around with playcalling, and the defense shows up and plays like we all know they will do then I think the Steelers have a chance to beat the Ravens by 10-14 points in this game. The Ravens offense lacks killer instinct late in games and has had a lot of problems scoring TD's in the 2nd half and putting games away. They cannot afford to do that in this game or they will lose. The Ravens offense will have a much harder time moving the ball in this game then they did in Baltimore on December 5th even though they didnt do that great in that game to begin with. I dont see them hitting those big passes to Boldin and Stallworth that they hit in Baltimore at their own goaline. The crowd will be a big factor in this game for Flacco I believe and if you put him behind in this game he is bound to throw an interception or get sacked and fumble the ball...
    I know lol, I just hope the ravens dont get off to a fast start is all.

  9. #9
    LarryNJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,852
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    They can't.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

  10. #10
    2nd String steelerschick1220's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    769
    In the last four years the Ravens are 0-7 coming off a short week.

    We are winning this game. I can feel it.
    Proud fan of Dale Earnhardt Jr., Pittsburgh Steelers, Duke Bluedevils, and San Antonio Spurs.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Steelers vs. Bears Preview
    By Ironman in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-19-2009, 12:35 AM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-23-2008, 01:07 PM
  3. Old School Gospel
    By FC FURY in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 08:48 AM
  4. I Hate the Ravens
    By FC FURY in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-06-2007, 01:09 AM
  5. Spreading the GOSPEL: Steelers vs. Ravens Breakdown
    By Iron City South in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-25-2006, 12:37 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •