Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Indoor stadiums ?? Blah !

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Indoor stadiums ?? Blah !

I just don't get it. Maybe its the old school NFL, smash mouth, hard hitting, playing in the rain and mud and snow kinda guy thats in me. Drinking a beer and you can see your breath from the cold, scarfing down a hotdog before the cold breeze turns it into a popsicle. You know, the way football was meant to be played. Yet all you see in new stadiums going up with retractable domes, climate controlled this and that. That's not football ! If anything the northern NFL teams should be the ones with the domed stadiums but yet you see all these warm weather cities building new stadiums that are enclosed or have retractable domes.

Northern NFL teams know what real football is..the Steelers, Pats, Bengals, Giants, Jets, Chiefs, etc.

Don't get me wrong, the cards new stadium is beautiful, as is Reliant stadium in Houston...but call me crazy, I like how Heinz Field resembles the city, how you can see out over the river, etc.

Ok Im done now

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    Well like alor of new stadums in hot places have them cause it get like 110 degrees of the Astro Turf and stuff

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzburgh55
    Well like alor of new stadums in hot places have them cause it get like 110 degrees of the Astro Turf and stuff

If the NFL teams in the north can suck it up and play in the freezing cold then the southern teams should be used to it enough to play in the heat

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity
    If the NFL teams in the north can suck it up and play in the freezing cold then the southern teams should be used to it enough to play in the heat
    I like to play football in the snow i never play football when its 90 outside

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzburgh55
    I like to play football in the snow i never play football when its 90 outside
    Football in the snow is the sh*t! It's so much fun and trudgin away in the snow you feel like the sh*t!

BuFu

I agree BRC. Football was meant to be played in all and any condition. If it's snowin, stormin, or whatever that just means it's more of a battle. It brings variety to see a snow bowl or mud bowl every now and then since in today's world most football stadiums are kept so perfectly clean and similar. I will agree if the place is in the desert like the cards stadium or in a place that gets to be so unbearably hot that it can cause a risk to the players then there should be methods taken to protect them from that. They did, but it was more in an effort to bring in fans than players....if you build a good team the fans will come no matter what the weather is like. No more pretty domes. I want to see stadiums that are testaments to their region/city/team and allow the game to be played in the open weather for all the more fun!

BuFu

And that's why the Super Bowl should be played in northern cities without domes just as much as it should in Miami and other sunny places. Not every team plays in 100 degree weather or in a dome so not every Super Bowl should be played in those climates.

#1 Hater of the other 30 SteelCityMan786's Avatar
    I like new stadiums in all, but BRC is right. Football is made for OUTDOORS. Indoor football is for all Indoor Football Leagues and the Arena Football League and AF2.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    but cold weather you can bundle up, have heating pads, and all that other **** to keep you warm, in the heat down south, you can dress down all you want with very high tempatures there's still a chance of you having a heat stroke lol..but i do think those teams with a dome are pussies. a lot of the new stadiums open and close. but the colts they just close so they are pussies lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Quote Originally Posted by koopa
    but cold weather you can bundle up, have heating pads, and all that other **** to keep you warm, in the heat down south, you can dress down all you want with very high tempatures there's still a chance of you having a heat stroke lol..but i do think those teams with a dome are pussies. a lot of the new stadiums open and close. but the colts they just close so they are pussies lol
    Agree wit you on all that.

BuFu

Thread Information