Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Keys for the Ravens Game

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

Keys for the Ravens Game

This game is all but over, so I thought I'd just put this up now. I've come up with a few keys to the game next week so far from watching this game. Of course, some adding of keys would be accepted

1. Ray Rice must be stopped. This little kid is so elusive I can barely keep my eyes on him. If we don't stop Ray Rice and cover him on every play, he will, by himself, take the game from us. I don't care if he's always the check down, he must be covered on every play. SOMEONE needs to be put on this little son of a gun.

2. Heap. We all saw how he picked apart the Chiefs secondary going down the middle. Look at that, that's the area that our secondary has the most problems with too. I don't know how they're going to be stopping those down the middle passes that the Ravens have been doing so well with today, but they had better find a way.

3. Their redzone offense is almost as horrible as ours. I hate to sound Madden-like right now, but whoever scores the most points is going to win this game. And by most points I mean most touchdowns..sounds obvious, right? Well, yeah, I guess it is. The Ravens and the Steelers both have problems putting the ball in the endzone once they're within the 20. There's going to be a lot of field goals kicked in this game by both teams, so the Steelers better find a way to get those 6 points more often than the Ravens do.

The Ravens seem to let teams hang around for practically the whole game. Even if they're outplaying us at the half or even at the end of the third, it won't be hard to take the game in a short time period. Just saying. Go Steelers.
    Last edited by steelersbabex25; 01-09-2011 at 03:49 PM.

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    totally agree!
    :logospin:

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Ravens and Steelers will always make the game come down to who can outlast the other. It's just how it is. Their redzone offense is as bad as anybody in the playoffs right now, they don't scare anybody when they get the scoring chance.

We will be ready, they will be ready.

Stopping the run is always paramount, so stopping Rice is just part of the equation. We matchup well against them and them against us. There is no distinct advantage either way, at any position on the field.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Stopping the run is always paramount, so stopping Rice is just part of the equation. We matchup well against them and them against us. There is no distinct advantage either way, at any position on the field.
    Rice scares me 10x more as a receiver than he does as a running back.

Duke of 531
    stopping rice will be paramount ...the dump passes to rice cannot be allowed...gotta get off the field on third down

Ben using check downs and not taking sacks...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by airbrake 1 View Post
    stopping rice will be paramount ...the dump passes to rice cannot be allowed...gotta get off the field on third down
    4. Get off the field on third down

Seriously, I know the Chiefs don't have the greatest defense in the league, but the Ravens absolutely picked them apart on third down. They would get 2 yards on first down, 3 yards on second down, and then 14 yards on third down. That can't happen.

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    TROY and Ben coming through this game unscathed!
    :logospin:

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    The Ravens and Steelers will always make the game come down to who can outlast the other. It's just how it is. Their redzone offense is as bad as anybody in the playoffs right now, they don't scare anybody when they get the scoring chance.

We will be ready, they will be ready.

It's the reason why winning that game in Baltimore on Sunday night 5 weeks ago was so huge. The Steelers will get to play this game at Heinz Field and in front of a hostile crowd which is Steeler Nation and not in Baltimore. The Ravens will want payback for that loss in the worst way so if the Steelers arent at their best next week they will be going home it's that simple...I do think the Steelers offense will play a lot better in this game and score more points then they did the last game in Baltimore. They pretty much have too if they want to win this game...

If you're a Steelers RB you'll need to beat off defenders, that's for certain!! lol
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information