Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Day Dick LeBeau Turned the Steelers' Secondary into Championship Caliber

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Sunshine

The Day Dick LeBeau Turned the Steelers' Secondary into Championship Caliber

Excellent read:
    Dick LeBeau does not like to get embarrassed, especially on prime time television, but that is exactly what happened on November 14. Tom Brady and the New England Patriots shredded LeBeau's defense like Mexican cheese. LeBeau remembered all too vividly the previous time the Steelers played against Brady. The Patriots came out with a megaphone and yelled to him that they were not going to run the ball and were still going to carve him up like a Thanksgiving turkey. Even with that declaration of being one dimensional, Brady had a field day while the Patriots ran the ball exactly once per quarter.
    Full story>>>HERE<<<
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Awesome read, thanks.

I ALMOST want to see the play this weekend. Instead I will sit there and say "we would have stopped that run" 400 times.

ON TO RING #7

and oh yeah, Pele bring back the *** avatar

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It is interesting that all during the first part of the season we were screaming (like always) for the DB's play closer coverage. Stop giving such a cushion and atleast put themselves in a position to try and make a play. We screamed at this because we know, as the article states, that a Lebeau defense is predicated on stopping the run and pressuring the QB. Always has been that way. The problem is of course that you leave yourself open to the short passing game, again like the article states.

With this adjustment, the DB's are in a better position to make more INT's or break up passes. Im not worried a whole lot about the long pass play, Ike is a good cover corner and BMac is decent vs the long ball. The stuff that worries me is the short passing game, or did worry me until we saw the pass defense start to improve. We know we can stop the run, but now there is hope that we can stop the pass effectively too, even if the pressure to the QB doesn't always get there.

Having said that, IF we get the chance to play the Patriots, you can bet Belichick will do his homework and see the change that our guys have done and find a way to counter it. It wouldn't surprise me one bit that if we play them again, it ends up being a shootout.

this is why Lebeau is a hall of famer, you may fool him once in a season but you will not fool him twice. I noticed the bengals game was drastically different the second time. The first time TO had a big day and the bengals almost came back to win that game. The second time around the bengals couldn't do anything and TO was pretty quiet.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Yo that was a great read, thanks for posting, i really like our chances even before i read this article when and if we face the cheaters again, especially if Kiesel and Smith is on the d-Line, we didn't have either when we played the cheaters the last time...

great read just pumped me up a notch as well . You know the saying :

AS THE GOING GETS TOUGH , THE TOUGH GETS GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Watch our steelers finish off this season on the stand with the Vince Lombardi ..

PIMP

My Mood
    colts-hater
    I for one am glad that Tom Brady has not had a bad game at all since he played in Cleveland, and has not thrown a INT in over 300 passes and broke the NFL record for that. I say this because as the old saying goes all good things MUST come to an end at some point and what better time for that saying to come true for Brady and the Patriots then in the AFC Championship game if these 2 teams are to meet again. Let's face it at some point or another there is going to be a hiccup along the way for Tom Brady and the Patriots, and they are not going to continue to dominate and blow everybody out that they face like they have been doing pretty much for the last 7-8 weeks. If the Patriots do win their playoff game next weekend and meet the Steelers in the AFC Championship game it will mean they would have won 9 in a row going back to their game that they beat the Steelers on November 14th and would have to win 10 games in a row to get to the Super Bowl. I dont care what anybody says that is a tough deal. Plus, everybody and their mother would pick the Patriots to win that game and I believe that is where the Steelers are at their most dangerous when they are the underdog and nobody picks them and gives them a chance which is what will happen if they play the Pats on January 23rd...

EXCELLENT READ!

yeah like i said before, i hope hes been holding something special for brady and belichick so he can go out with a bang and retire with another superbowl....brady 6-1 against the steelers and has shredded them in every game except the one in 04 when the pats were 8-0 and ben was a rookie

My Mood
    Frustrated
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    yeah like i said before, i hope hes been holding something special for brady and belichick so he can go out with a bang and retire with another superbowl....brady 6-1 against the steelers and has shredded them in every game except the one in 04 when the pats were 8-0 and ben was a rookie
    Retire? What you talking about Willis? You know something I aint heard?

Thread Information