Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sorry, I still don't trust Arians

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    While I will certainly give him props for the offensive gameplan the last couple of weeks, that doesn't mean I suddenly find myself liking the guy. I am hopeful he stays aggressive and is mindful that playoff teams will make adjustments to try and take away some of those slants and in routes.
    I would not grade him highly for the Panthers game. It was full of mistakes...
    Better than his average game but still not up to the Steelers Nation standard if you ask me.

My Mood
    Addicted
    on another site, i read some conspiracy of randy fichtner doing more of the play calling or having more of an input on the game plan.

what feeds into this 'conspiracy' is the fact that the offense didn't look like a bruce arians type offense at all...quick slants, lots of play action, wr screens to speedy receivers, passing out of run formations, getting heath miller involved more, etc...

there may be some validity to it! hopefully fichtner will be more directly involved if it is so...
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    on another site, i read some conspiracy of randy fichtner doing more of the play calling or having more of an input on the game plan.

what feeds into this 'conspiracy' is the fact that the offense didn't look like a bruce arians type offense at all...quick slants, lots of play action, wr screens to speedy receivers, passing out of run formations, getting heath miller involved more, etc...

there may be some validity to it! hopefully fichtner will be more directly involved if it is so...
    You got a link? If theres any truth to that, I love hearing that conspiracy.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I honestly wouldn't doubt it, it is awfully coincidental that the offense really opened itself up last Sunday night. We haven't seen that many slants in a game since Holmes was here. Either that or Arians has been holding back all year long and now decides to show his hand...

Whatever the case may be, the offense was less predictable and that is what produced TD's. Let's hope it continues. Of course, flexibility in the play calling is predicated on the O-Line's ability to control the LOS.

fact:

the steelers have dismantled the browns before.

fact:

the panthers and the browns suck

fact:

arians still sucks despite his occasional "good" or "unpredictable" playcalling against poor to terrible teams.

fact:

no steeler fan in their right mind trusts arians

My Mood
    no mood
    Fact. Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.

James Harrison - "Right now, you know, some people may want to jump on the Steelers bandwagon.
    Don't do that. We don't need you. We didn't need you at the beginning, we don't need you now."

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    fact:

the steelers have dismantled the browns before.

fact:

the panthers and the browns suck

fact:

arians still sucks despite his occasional "good" or "unpredictable" playcalling against poor to terrible teams.

fact:

no steeler fan in their right mind trusts arians
    Well said....

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    I liked the game plan last week, but I am a arians hater. Let Ben run the no huddle, not up tempo, depending on opponent

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

I'm an Arians hater too, . . . .

but there have been changes for the better in the last few weeks, it has given us hope, even against the Jets there was improvement to be seen.

the trust still isn't there, but . . . .

let's put it this way, if the Arains led offense leads us to a Superbowl victory, we can bid him farewell with a cheery wave and a smile, as he's sure to retire then!

Thread Information