Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers D is light years ahead of the pats D

Bookmark and Share

Steelers D is light years ahead of the pats D

keep hearing all this talk about the Pats underrated young D, their overrated big time. Lets look at the stats shall we:

Patriots: (rank in NFL)
    rush yds allowed a game: 108
    total yds allowed a game: 366
    pass yds allowed a game: 258
    pass TD's allowed: 25

Steelers:
    rush yds allowed a game: 62 (1st in NFL)
    total yds allowed a game: 276 (2nd)
    pass yds allowed a game: 214 (12th)
    pass TD's allowed: 15 (3rd)

so there you have it, the Pats D that the media is talking about is not even good.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    Im not worry about their D. Can our D stop their O??? I`m not so sure......

The scenario I want is, Ravens and Colts win. Ravens go to NE, we get the Colts. I think we have a better D than balt. but they match up better against NE. Hate to admit it but Brady has our number. Anyway we win Balt knocks off NE. Balt comes to us, we head to the SuperBowl again! All PA Superbowl

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

yet brady has made a career out of owning our scheme.

My Mood
    panthers-hater
    I agree with all those stats and everything you say there. The bottom line with the Patriots is it's quite simple if Tom Brady has a sub-par or bad game in the playoffs the odds are very very high that the Patriots are going to lose. Brady has been playing out of his mind ever since beating the Steelers and as I said in another thread a little while ago at some point there is going to be a hiccup along the way for Brady where things dont go well for him. Hopefully that game will be on January 23rd in Foxborough should the Steelers meet the Patriots in the AFC Championship game. The Patriots defense is not good enough to carry that team to victory though as those stats clearly point out. So as I just said if Brady has a bad game in the playoffs the Patriots will not win and you can pretty much take that to the bank I believe...

--- Added 1/5/2011 at 05:34 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by Stairwayto7 View Post
    Im not worry about their D. Can our D stop their O??? I`m not so sure......

The scenario I want is, Ravens and Colts win. Ravens go to NE, we get the Colts. I think we have a better D than balt. but they match up better against NE. Hate to admit it but Brady has our number. Anyway we win Balt knocks off NE. Balt comes to us, we head to the SuperBowl again! All PA Superbowl
    I dont think the Ravens have what it takes to beat the Patriots the way Flacco and that offense is playing right now. They are too inconsistent and Flacco as we all know is a **** up at crunch time in the big games. So while I think the Ravens would give the Patriots a helluva battle I do not think they would beat them. Even if the Ravens dont beat the Patriots at the very least they will beat them up a great deal going into the AFC Championship game the next week if they indeed do play the Steelers...I agree with you though I want Indy next week coming here. Because even though Peyton Manning is still dangerous as hell, I think the Colts are just way too beat up and their injuries would catch up to them once and for all playing a well rested healthy Steelers team on the road. The Colts are not the same Colts team from years past and have struggled a great deal on the road this year and have barely been able to beat teams that arent very good the last month or so. I think the Steelers would handle the Colts and they might handle them without much of a problem should they meet next Saturday at Heinz Field...
    Last edited by Troyisabeast_43; 01-05-2011 at 06:39 PM.

ravens match up way better with the patriots than the steelers do.

lucky for us the ravens and the jets both match up well with them and if either of them win one will definitely play the patriots in round two, while we play either the ravens/chiefs/colts

ravens/steelers afcc game is my ideal scenario, i dont think the ravens can beat the steelers in that kind of game...patriots almost certainly would unless dick has been saving up something special for the patriots and belichick for the last 6 years

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Patriots defense had those same similar sub par stats when we played them earlier this year and we couldn't do jack against them until the game was already out of reach. I don't have any doubt that our offense can go toe to toe with their offense, and quite honestly a shootout is the type of game I could see us playing against them if we do up meeting them again. I think our offense evolved enough that we can move the ball against them and put up points on the board when given the chance.

I think the revamped way that we play pass defense now will help the team against guys like Brady who love that short passing game. I don't know if it's the answer but it will certainly help.

Call me a homer if you like, but I actually hope we meet the Pats in the AFC Championship game. NE has had our number for so long, if we're going to go for number 7 I prefer we do it by beating them. How sweet would it be to head to the Super Bowl after knocking NE out on their home turf? .... although hopefully Pittsburgh will not have shot their load in doing so and will still have something left for the big game.

yeah... I know there are other games to play first... but this is my ideal scenario.

Just my

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

Bottom line, to beat the Pats, the O-line must not get confused vs the blitz packages the Pats will run at them. PERIOD! it begins and ends here.

Offensively, they just don't make mistakes. So you have to accept they will put up 30 points and hope offensively, the Steelers can keep up with them. They separate themselves from other teams when other teams make mistakes and they don't. It gives them an extra posession or two which could lead to a 14 point swing. Perfect examples of this were the pick 6 and the Reed missed FG swung the game 10 points in favor of the pats, and the Steelers only lost by 13. They're like th '96 Yankees. There are no real all stars on the team (except for Brady), but collectively, they're very hard to beat.

My Mood
    Addicted
    That's one advantage of getting absolutely massacred in the regular season. Now when we have to play that team in the post season, we know exactly what they're game plan is against us. Hopefully we'll be able to stop it.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    That's one advantage of getting absolutely massacred in the regular season. Now when we have to play that team in the post season, we know exactly what they're game plan is against us. Hopefully we'll be able to stop it.
    Well let's hope the Steelers know what the Pats game plan is going to be. According to Keisel, the 1st time they played, they Steelers were expecting a balanced attack but got a 75/25 dose of pass run and were in Kiesel's words, "Unprepared" for New England that day.

Thread Information