Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers D is light years ahead of the pats D

Bookmark and Share
    To beat the pats you have to commit to the running the f'n ball, keeping TB off the field is key!

Blitz up the gut early and often, this long haired scrotum stroker hates pressure (unlike Ben).
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Patriots are vulnerable to the pass, their secondary is average at best. If you can give your QB time, they can be exposed. The problem is, and what happened to us the first time we played them, is that they are a good front 7 and can get after a QB. Add that to the fact that their offense is new flawless and puts up 30 points a game regularly so most time their defense can just pin their ears back and get after the QB because you become 1 dimensional trying to keep up.

More worried about our D vs their O

I am honestly a little tired of hearing about Patriots. We have to win our first game before Patriots become relevant. We could run into Ravens, Colts and Chiefs. Ravens and Colts will probably take us to the wire, and i always fear a young team like the Chiefs in the playoffs.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Love
    Steelers can beat the Pats by pressuring the f-k out of Brady and covering the little guys he loves to throw to. The rookies will get exposed and crumble like cookies anyway so there goes that. Oh yeah and no turnovers and penalties then they would punch their one way ticket to Dallas.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    I am honestly a little tired of hearing about Patriots. We have to win our first game before Patriots become relevant. We could run into Ravens, Colts and Chiefs. Ravens and Colts will probably take us to the wire, and i always fear a young team like the Chiefs in the playoffs.
    Im quite tired of hearing about the Patriots in general, the media has been waving their flag all year long just like they always do. I know they are going to be tough to beat, especially at home but give it a rest already...ugh.

My Mood
    Love
    I just despise the Patriots period. I need to see Brady get hit and laid out like Montana did against the giants in 90.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Agreed, we shouldn't be sucked into the media love for them. We both need to win a game to end up playing each other in the AFCCG, so let's wait for that to happen first.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    The Patriots are vulnerable to the pass, their secondary is average at best. If you can give your QB time, they can be exposed. The problem is, and what happened to us the first time we played them, is that they are a good front 7 and can get after a QB. Add that to the fact that their offense is new flawless and puts up 30 points a game regularly so most time their defense can just pin their ears back and get after the QB because you become 1 dimensional trying to keep up.
    So we should be able to beat their crappy D.. 40-28...

in an afc score-fest. just like the tv gurus of the nfl want...

go steelers..

Sylvester would provide the best match-up against Gronk/Hernandez . . .

His speed, athleticism and height are light years ahead of Farrior . . .

Even Timmons had his hands full trying to cover NE's Tightends, couple that with Woodleys plodding nature, and Silverback's lack of height, we could struggle again!

I'd get Sly on the field in this one . . .

but ultimately it will come down to our offense to win this game for us.

Thread Information