Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here's what Steelers fans need for Christmas...

Bookmark and Share

Here's what Steelers fans need for Christmas...

Broncos to beat Bengals
    New England to beat Jacksonville
    Miami to beat Jets
    Kansas City to beat the Raiders

AND OF COURSE WE NEED TO KICK THE CRAP OUT OF THE RATBIRDS!!!!!

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

That's all i want for Christmas

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That's not too much to ask, is it Santa !! Please!! We've been good !

I've been a good girl!!!!

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    That's not too much to ask, is it Santa !! Please!! We've been good !
    At least the second half....

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    colts-hater
    Dont forget about Tennessee beating Buffalo this weekend to knock out the Bills who can still finish ahead of the Steelers if their both 9-7 because they would have a better conference record at 7-5 to the Steelers 6-6 and thus they would get in over the Steelers. I dont think that will happen though even if the Bills do beat the Titans though this weekend. They have to play at Baltimore the last week of the season and I dont see them winning that game so Im gonna say the Bills finish no better then 8-8. But until they do lose that next game you still have to take them losing into account, but again its not that big of a deal just yet.

You also want the Titans to win against Buffalo on Sunday just incase Jacksonville beats the Patriots this week because that would still leave that scenario open where the Jags and Titans could still possibly finish tied at 9-7 . If that does happen at that point the Titans would win the tiebraker over the Jags based on better division record which they break first in the tiebrakers, that would cancel out the Jags for the Steelers and then the Steelers would beat Tennessee head to head based on common opponents. The same scenario as well can happen if Denver and the Chiefs finish at 9-7 The Chiefs can cancel out the Broncos for the Steelers since they would have a better division record then the Broncos and then of course the Steelers would win the tiebraker over the Chiefs based on the win they had over them this year at Heinz Field. So basically the Steelers can actually make those head to head losses to the Jags and Broncos mean nothing if the Titans and Chiefs finish with the same record as the Jags and Broncos. They are basically in a nutshell using the Titans and Chiefs at this point as shields to possibly help them knock out the Jags and Broncos should all 4 of them finish at 9-7.

One more thing there is one more possible scenario still out there that if the Titans,Jets,and Steelers finish at 9-7 that the Steelers would lose this tiebraker based on the strength of victory tiebraker which is what would come into play if this 3-way tie does indeed happen. At that point depending on what happens with the Jags this week whether they win or lose to the Patriots and also what the Jets do in Miami Christmas night you might want to have Tennessee lose that final game to the Patriots just incase that 3-way tie with the Steelers,Titans,and Jets does not happen. If its a two way tie betweeen either the Steelers and Jets or Steelers and Titans at 9-7 the Steelers would win both of those as I said based on common opponents. Its a 3 way tie with the Titans,Jets and Steelers that will make them lose that tiebraker for sure if it does occur. Nonetheless, its going to be a fun weekend to keep an eye on all these games at 1 and 4 o clock on Christmas Eve. If anyone has anymore questions about possible scenarios or anything feel free to ask and Ill try to answer whatever I can GO STEELERS!!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    At least the second half....
    Yeah we've been good for the last month or so, that has to count for something

House of Steel
    I've been a great husband to my wife and a great post whore for Steeler Addicts. Hey Santa, we love you man.

Originally from Johnstown, PA...now trapped in Bungleland
    Quote Originally Posted by BBG7 View Post
    Broncos to beat Bengals
    New England to beat Jacksonville
    Miami to beat Jets
    Kansas City to beat the Raiders

AND OF COURSE WE NEED TO KICK THE CRAP OUT OF THE RATBIRDS!!!!!
    And because I've been ESPECIALLY good, I'm putting at the top of my list, a win over the Bungles for New Years!!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    From the Tribune Review..

The Steelers' playoff scenario at a glance heading into Sunday's home game against Baltimore (11-3):

* Their only chance to make the playoffs is as a sixth-seeded team. The winner of the Bengals-Broncos game on Sunday night will own the tiebreaker against them based on head-to-head play (Denver) or superior record against common opponents (Cincinnati).
    * If Cincinnati and Jacksonville (8-6) win one more game each, the Steelers can't make the playoffs regardless of how they do in the final two games against the Ravens and the Bengals. Jacksonville owns the tiebreaker by beating the Steelers 9-0 on Sept. 18.

The Bengals (8-6), who lost to Indianapolis (10-3) 34-16 last night, finish at Denver on Sunday and at home against the Steelers on New Year's Eve. Jacksonville is at home Sunday against New England (10-4) and plays at Kansas City (7-7) on Dec. 31.
    * Denver (8-6), which beat the Steelers 31-20 in Pittsburgh on Nov. 5, would also bypass Pittsburgh even if it loses to the Bengals by beating the 49ers (6-8) in Denver on Dec. 31.
    * The Jets (8-6) would jump over the Steelers by beating Miami (6-8) on the road on Christmas and Oakland (2-12) at home on Dec. 31.
    * The Steelers likely would win tiebreakers against Tennessee (7-7), Kansas City (7-7) or Buffalo (7-7) if any of those teams finish 9-7.

Thread Information