Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace

Bookmark and Share

Mike Wallace

Can we just say he might be the next moss or even better since hes not afraid to go across the field, do screen, wrap around handoffs and etc. This kid is special. I think he will be better than moss, could be a young rice in the making. The sky is the limit for this kid and looks like hes playing with school kid cb;s out there.

No we cannot tbh. Wallace most certainly have great talent, but comparing him to Moss would not be fair. He still have many adjustments to make if he wants to be considered in that league.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Mike Wallace, who tied John Stallworth's team record (1984) of having seven 100-yard receiving games in a season, teamed with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger to set a record. Their 56-yard touchdown pass against the Browns was the eighth of 40 yards or more in Roethlisberger's and Wallace's two years together.

How far can they go, it will be sweet to watch.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    is fast!

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Wallace better than Moss?

You can't be serious. You just can't be.

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    No we cannot tbh. Wallace most certainly have great talent, but comparing him to Moss would not be fair. He still have many adjustments to make if he wants to be considered in that league.
    Well can we compare him to Plex? I mean when was the last time we had a deep threat like mike? Not santonio either. And comparing hm to Plex isnt really a smack in the face either up until he got sent to kail and whatnot

--- Added 1/3/2011 at 08:09 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by harpo View Post
    Wallace better than Moss?

You can't be serious. You just can't be.
    I said could be in the future, why not?

My Mood
    Fight
    Moss was blowing sh** up when he came into the league but on the other hand it was only deep.
    Wallace could be a better all around receiver but Moss is the best a Blowing the top off the D and going and getting the ball.
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

Draft Pick
    I don't think Wallace is tall enough to get to the end zone and get those jump balls that Moss could. Moss was the ultimate threat for the hail mary, because even if the safeties and CBs were fast enough make it down there with him, he could jump up and get to balls they couldn't. This height also benefited Moss a lot in the red zone. Wallace will never be able to have this advantage on opponents.

He would need to do a lot more in the slot to make up for this 'deficiency' and be better than Moss then.

Quote Originally Posted by greennick View Post
    I don't think Wallace is tall enough to get to the end zone and get those jump balls that Moss could. Moss was the ultimate threat for the hail mary, because even if the safeties and CBs were fast enough make it down there with him, he could jump up and get to balls they couldn't. This height also benefited Moss a lot in the red zone. Wallace will never be able to have this advantage on opponents.

He would need to do a lot more in the slot to make up for this 'deficiency' and be better than Moss then.
    Yea thats true. I think mike could make up for that in the slot, running screens/slants/posts or whatever. Moss did that stuff but not alot. When you see randy highlights its always a go route. I think mike will be the btter all around receiver. But there were definatley some plays left out there this year where Ben underthrew him or just completely missed. Mike could have easily had about 3 more tds. But I think Ben this offseason will work on his deep ball accuracy with mike,brown and sanders.

Can't compare him to anyone he is unique. We have just seen the tip of the iceberg, this guy is going to be all around lights out. Steelers are blessed to have found him. He is going to be the offensive game changer comparible to Polamalu on defence.

Thread Information