Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mike Wallace

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by pimplydan View Post
    Can't compare him to anyone he is unique. We have just seen the tip of the iceberg, this guy is going to be all around lights out. Steelers are blessed to have found him. He is going to be the offensive game changer comparible to Polamalu on defence.
    I still think he can get alot better, not saying hes bad, but I think he has a great work ethic and will imporve much more next year. I dont think we seen the best in him yet. But with wallace,brown,sanders. we might have the fastest 3 receivers in the league, or maybe in the top 5. Now if we can get sweed back mentaly and he overcomes his bad lapses and suppose to be what he was suppose to be coming out of college, we will have the most dangerous receiving core no doubt. Plus with sweed being 6'4 that will give us a big receiver also.

He's going to be good, but let's wait before we send him straight to Canton.

Going to be good? Holy ****, this guy just put up 1250 yards with 10 TDs and an unheard of 21.0 YPC. All this with 2 scrubs at quarterback for a quarter of the season.

He's already beaten Santonio's best season...

Quote Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
    Going to be good? Holy ****, this guy just put up 1250 yards with 10 TDs and an unheard of 21.0 YPC. All this with 2 scrubs at quarterback for a quarter of the season.

He's already beaten Santonio's best season...
    Ok, maybe "good" was a poor choice of words on my part.

But still.....let's wait before we start his HOF campaign.

he has moss-like ball skills and adjustment ability....but its a silly comparison.

if you took all the good from buress and all the good from nate washington you get mike wallace.

i said when ward got hurt and wallace became a man finally he was going to explode. he was a huge pussy last year and the first half of this year, when the team needed him the most he stepped up and wasnt just the deep guy. 2-3 receptions a game wont cut it....but the final stretch hes been getting like 5 and running all kinds of routes

i like sanders and brown, but i dont care what anyone says....wallace and holmes would have been filthy

lol 1 great season doesn't make him comparable to Randy Moss. Lynn Swann went into the HOF with 50 TD's, Moss had 52 TD's in New England alone.

Wallace is our top deep threat and only gonna get better, but I'm not even ready to call him a Holmes replacement until I see what he can do in the playoffs.
    Last edited by Steel Trap86; 01-04-2011 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Trap86 View Post
    lol 1 great season doesn't make him comparable to Randy Moss. Lynn Swann went into the HOF with 50 TD's, Moss had 52 TD's in New England alone.

Wallace is our top deep threat and only gonna get better, but I'm not even ready to call him a Holmes replacement until I see what he can do in the playoffs.
    Well Hes almost better than holmes is and he wont CHOKE in the playoffs at all, he will be clutch. Dude is the real deal. Lets see what we say in about 5 years.

I beleive that he is the real deal. I also believe he is going to be relied on this playoff run.
    He is going to have to come up with some of those big plays for us.If he and Ben connect may determine whether we win or lose.
    Don't want to put any pressure on the guy but you know the steelers would like to hit the homerun early in the game to get the momentum.
    Or maybe late to get back into a game.

I'm not going to compare Wallace to Moss, because Wallace has only played two seasons: But Moss was a "one trick pony" tall and fast. I followed Moss when he was a Minn. Cunningham and Culppeper just through it up and he out ran everyone. he was NEVER and blocker and refuse to go across the middle of the field. Even when Moss went to the Pats nothing changed; 8 and 9 routes with fades when they got close to the end zone.

How is it that the Pats offense got BETTER after he left? How is it that the Vikes could only put up with him for 3 weeks after given up draft picks for him? How is it that the Tenn offense got worst when he came and got better after Britt came back?

When people speak of Moss they think of his entrance in the league (1st three years) and one year with the Pats. The rest of his career for the most part as been average to below average.

Thread Information