Thread: Trade Down?

Bookmark and Share

Trade Down?

If Pouncey or another O-Lineman or DB is not available when we pick in the first round, do we trade down to gain a couple extra picks. Our O-Line will be a lot better next year with Starks and Colon back at the tackle spots, and if needed, I think we could slide Flozell over to guard if we needed to. We are a playoff team without many needs on either side of the ball so why not trade down and accumulate picks? What do u guys think?

My Mood
    Fine
    Colon is a free agent. We need a RG and Tackles. Plus we need DL/DE. The issue is the Steelers dont like to start D lineman as rookies.

I believe we will resign Colon. He really is an underated part of our offense. Plus, unless we draft a tackle that can start immediately, we dont really have any other option. I would love Mike Pouncey with our first round pick to play either G position. He should be an upgrade over our starters at that position now. I agree with needing DL help, but think we can address that in the 2nd-3rd rounds. Would like a DB early as well for depth.

we dont need extra picks....id argue we need fewer, more quality picks

Quote Originally Posted by Phdboy2020 View Post
    If Pouncey or another O-Lineman or DB is not available when we pick in the first round, do we trade down to gain a couple extra picks. Our O-Line will be a lot better next year with Starks and Colon back at the tackle spots, and if needed, I think we could slide Flozell over to guard if we needed to. We are a playoff team without many needs on either side of the ball so why not trade down and accumulate picks? What do u guys think?

Please tell me you are not on the coaching staff. Colon might no even make the team, never mind start. Starks and Flo will be the Tackles, and Colon should be gone. Colon had a serious injury, and will be less effective than he was, which was not very.

LT Starks
    LG Kemo
    C Pouncey
    RG Pouncey
    RT Adams

Depth:

OT Jon Scott, Possibly Colon if they keep him which I think they will do
    G Foster , Colon,
    C Legursky, Pouncey

If Colon is starting at RT and Adams is release, just stop watching. That better not happen.

colon was way ahead of schedule on his injury, and like it or not hes a good drive blocking RT and with a real RG next to him he would be even better.

i do hope that flo stays one more year though, i really like that signing hes been pretty good

Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    we dont need extra picks....id argue we need fewer, more quality picks
    what about picks for next year vs trading back ?

ex ..trade 2nd, 3rd this year for 1st and 3rd next year,then move that 3rd higher during that draft?

with the right team of course
    Last edited by andyg1984; 01-05-2011 at 11:59 PM.

We have pretty solid depth on most positions baring injuries. If we could pick up two linemen (o-line and d-line) and a real CB we'd be golden imo. Potentially a safety.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

If we could get another starting O-Lineman with one of our draft picks, it would make our other players better. It is hard to focus and concentrate on ur game when u have to worry about the guy next to u. If we took Pouncey with our first pick and put him next to Colon, then our line would be solid for a few years anyway. Wouldnt hurt to get more depth at the Tackle positions as well. I agree that Flo has been a nice addition to our squad and with his experience now at both tackle positions, we could prolly use him as our "swing" tackle next year if he is still with us. I do think he is worth starting though, so maybe we could utilize him at one of the G positions next year?

My Mood
    Fine
    Flo signed a 2 yr contract so hopefully he'll come back. If we get one of the dominant guards we could finally open up some holes in the running game. I think Colon will resign because of his injury and love for Ben. If we cant get one of the top Tackles to slide grad the Guard or Center/Guard. I'd love to get the other Pouncey to complete the set. However I think Mike Pouncey will get over drafted because of his brothers success. I hope we can get him at 32 or a Talented DE/DT, or CB

Thread Information