Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I think I found Farrior's replacement

Bookmark and Share

I think I found Farrior's replacement

Josh Bynes from Auburn. Check him out next time Auburn is playing. He's a very instinctive tackling machine. Looks like a Steelers LB, and could be their first round pick next year. He reminds me of Davis Harris of the Jets.

I think we've got enough invested in our LB's to use a first round pick on ANYONE...
    Between our starters and the young guys on the roster (Gibson, Worilds, Sylvester)... Backups Fox and Foote... We are set at LB

We need some high round picks on the O-Line and Secondary

My Mood
    patriots-hater
    We need OL, DL and CB more then a line backer. We have the best LB Corp in the NFL. Even if Farrior Retires. We have 30 tackles out of our starting LBs today out of 54 tackles by our defense. 22 between Timmons and Harrison. How much more do we need.

i think id be more on board with hightower

slyvester has to prove he can be the guy of the future...he sure is a ST standout but playing fulltime MLB is another game. we have insane depth at OLB but MLB leaves much to be desired....farrior is on his last leg, foote is average to less than average, fox is a great backup and rotational and ST guy but timmons is the only guy i wouldnt be ok wth parting with

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think id be more on board with hightower

slyvester has to prove he can be the guy of the future...he sure is a ST standout but playing fulltime MLB is another game. we have insane depth at OLB but MLB leaves much to be desired....farrior is on his last leg, foote is average to less than average, fox is a great backup and rotational and ST guy but timmons is the only guy i wouldnt be ok wth parting with
    Dude, Hightower isn't really that good. He's going to be dropping in my rankings. The guy is slow, and not very instinctive at all. To top it all off, he looks lazy and sometimes seems like there's somewhere else he would rather be. Right now I think his name and his school are fueling his draft status more than his play.

--- Added 9/20/2010 at 04:57 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by igor0190 View Post
    I think we've got enough invested in our LB's to use a first round pick on ANYONE...
    Between our starters and the young guys on the roster (Gibson, Worilds, Sylvester)... Backups Fox and Foote... We are set at LB

We need some high round picks on the O-Line and Secondary
    Well as has been the case year after year lately, the first round caliber offensive linemen will likely be gone by the time the Steelers are on the clock. This year's OL class is the worst in several years with the exception of the center position. They could take a center and move Pouncey out to guard. As far as drafting a tackle in the first I think they would need to be picking in the top 12 or so.

I don't see the secondary as being in that bad of shape. They have a couple young CB's who can play and will be solid starter in time. They do lack some depth at safety, but I don't see them taking a backup safety in the first. Farrior is 35, and without a stud in his position teams will rack up rushing yards against the Steelers.

Josh Bynes looks like a Steeler.

i dont think hightower and julio jones are living off of HS hype as much as people let on....both are gonna be good pros

i like hightower and i think hed compliment timmons well in the middle

hightower has pretty quick feet for a big man and hes a thumper that blows guards and FBs up in the run game. and for a pretty big MLB at like 6-4 260+ he is a good interior pass rusher. could be a MLB that gets some solid sack numbers in the pros.

i like him a little more than i liked mcclain, i dont think either were/are top 10 picks since neither are patrick willis-like animals, but good MLBs nonetheless
    Last edited by K Train; 09-20-2010 at 03:57 PM.

My Mood
    Fight
    Quote Originally Posted by darnik44 View Post
    They could take a center and move Pouncey out to guard.
    Can I have some of what your smoking? Serioulsy If there is better centers out there next draft I want to know who they are because i'm not seeing it, Maybe you meant draft a center to play guard beside pouncey.
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

uhhhh id be ok with drafting pouncey2.0 to play guard or odowd to play guard but you dont take our pouncey<3 out of the starting lineup, hes there to stay put

My Mood
    Fight
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    uhhhh id be ok with drafting pouncey2.0 to play guard or odowd to play guard but you dont take our pouncey<3 out of the starting lineup, hes there to stay put

Oh i would love to have little pouncey but to say we move big brother to guard is absolutley insane.
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

I was only saying to move Pouncey to guard as a hypothetical statement to those who are convinced the draft is as simple as saying we have to draft OL in the first round. The only first round offensive linemen worth a first round pick will likely be centers unle Tss the Steelers go 7-9. That said, there are two center prospects who are as good as Pouncey just not as athletic and suited to play guard. If Pouncey were to move to guard, his athletic ability might be able to be utilized more.

As for Hightower, I doubt he goes in the first round. In fact, I know he won't. He's not as good of a prospect as Paul Posluszny, Dan Connor, or Rey Maualuga and they all fell to the 2nd round. Hightower probably won't leave Alabama this year because he won't like the grade he gets from the advisory committee. They are known for being conservative and will probably give him a 3rd round grade. If he does declare, I see him going in the 40-50 range. As for him being a fit for the Steelers, I don't think so. The Steelers are all about speed and Hightower simply isn't fast. Expect him to run a 4.75 give or take.

Thread Information