Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to rekindle Browns-Steelers rivalry

Bookmark and Share
    Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    Personally I like the rivalry the way it is now, with us winning all the time. I love it some steelers fans say to me "i want the rivalry back". What do you mean by this? Does this mean you want us to lose to them more frequently?

Last year was a kick in the nads for Steelers fans. I was at that game that we didn't show up for last december. Personally I don't want a repeat performance on sunday.

For it to become a rivalry again? Well its always a rivalry amongst the fans. But the Browns would have to get better and have to beat us more than once every 6 years.

I think the old Cleveland rivalry still exists. It moved to Baltimore when the Browns moved there.

--- Added 12/31/2010 at 09:31 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by Nolrog View Post
    I think week 14 last year helped keep the rivalry alive. They were 10 games under .500 and beat us in Cleveland. Exactly the reason why I worry about over-confidence this time around.
    I don't think the Steelers will take them lightly this time.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    Love
    I thought rivalries is what made the game more exciting? Not when steelers lose though. But there has to be loser and a winner.

Cribbs will be the deciding factor. If he can and does step up, the Steelers are vulnerable and the Browns could steal one. McCoy will be a Brown for awhile. He's tough, gritty and like Ben played a lot of college football before becoming a pro. They have found their QB.

Quote Originally Posted by steeldoc View Post
    Cribbs will be the deciding factor. If he can and does step up, the Steelers are vulnerable and the Browns could steal one. McCoy will be a Brown for awhile. He's tough, gritty and like Ben played a lot of college football before becoming a pro. They have found their QB.
    whatever happened to punting it out of bounds? Also, they might consider squib kicks, as much as everyone hates that. Cribbs is that dangerous and we can't keep him off the field the same way as last timehttp://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/images/smilies/cope.gif

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    It's management at all levels that just don't give a s... that makes the Browns rivalry what it be. When you are a leaderless entity the results are the Cleveland Browns. Someday this may change. But, for now it is a pathetic wreck of an NFL franchise. It is truly amazing that there are any fans for this team. When things change at the top and the Cleveland Browns and their fans begin to feel and act like winners then maybe a rivalry will start. Till then Cleveland sucks real bad. Nobody likes a loser.

And their fans.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    Cribbs hasn't done much this year. Been hurt alot.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Duke of 531
    Screw rekindling the rivalry that would require them to be beating us nearly half the time...I don't think I could stomach that

Thread Information