Page 1 of 70 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2011 Steeler draft discussion

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Fine

Official 2011 Steeler draft discussion

Who is on everyones radar for The Steelers? What is our biggest needs? I say its OL,DL,CB.

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    Who is on everyones radar for The Steelers? What is our biggest needs? I say its OL,DL,CB.
    If I was running the team, I would sign all the players you want, then see what you need. However, this line could welcome another Pouncey, and that could happen, a twin if you will. Ideally, they would get him, CB Ras I Dowling (Start opposite Taylor as well as fill in for Troy when he's injured) and DT Jarvis Jenkins (Aaron Smith's eventual replacement) . They would have to trade to get all those, but that would be just what we need. Those would be the top 3, but we have to wait for FA to start. If Starx can't play, and Scott is gone as well as Colon, then OT SHOULD be 1st pick. Imagine losing 3 OT's at once? It would be like this year all over again - Prey for another Flo to sign up. I think if we keep all of our good players, then the draft will fill the roster with what we need.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by NT93 View Post
    If I was running the team, I would sign all the players you want, then see what you need. However, this line could welcome another Pouncey, and that could happen, a twin if you will. Ideally, they would get him, CB Ras I Dowling (Start opposite Taylor as well as fill in for Troy when he's injured) and DT Jarvis Jenkins (Aaron Smith's eventual replacement) . They would have to trade to get all those, but that would be just what we need. Those would be the top 3, but we have to wait for FA to start. If Starx can't play, and Scott is gone as well as Colon, then OT SHOULD be 1st pick. Imagine losing 3 OT's at once? It would be like this year all over again - Prey for another Flo to sign up. I think if we keep all of our good players, then the draft will fill the roster with what we need.
    I think scott will get a 2 yr contract. I think we need a Tackle if a top rated one is there or Top Guard. Then its a DE that they'll actually let play in the first year. Then we need CB

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    I think scott will get a 2 yr contract. I think we need a Tackle if a top rated one is there or Top Guard. Then its a DE that they'll actually let play in the first year. Then we need CB
    go free agency for a good tackle and CB ... spend the dollars. picking 30+ isnt going to get us a top tackle or cb

BPA at 30+ would be a G, C, TE the rest of the best are already picked...

Guard/Tackle or TE will be the pick imo. Pouncey or maybe Kyle Rudolph from ND

We can trade Spaeth and or dump Johnson.. Then have two awesome TE's

Or just add the Guard and boost the OL.

i think they need to resign colon and keep flozell on board for another year.....id bust a nut if they went out and signed jared gaither though

RG/CB/DE are the targets in the first round....all positions that have been ignored long enough that its catching up with them

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think they need to resign colon and keep flozell on board for another year.....id bust a nut if they went out and signed jared gaither though

RG/CB/DE are the targets in the first round....all positions that have been ignored long enough that its catching up with them
    What is up with Gaither? Does he have real back problems or is Oher his problem...?

You know the steelers at 30+ they will 90% chance go BPA.. Maybe even a Saftey dropping this low? Moore out of ucla. you never know.

yeah right...sure BPA. thats not what hood or pouncey was. clearly i was upset with hood, and thrilled with pouncey but they are addressing need more than anything the last few drafts. best players available we'd have maualuga next to timmons and dez across from wallace

i dont think worilds was the best player available at all...they have very inconstant ways of drafting

moore very well might stay at school, but i think FS is a high priority too, at least in the next 2 years.

right now my board for players that im not writing the steelers off as being out of contention for at 25-32 would look like this

Sherrod
    Harris
    Clayborn
    Heyward
    Pouncey
    Jenkins
    Williams
    Bailey
    Cannon
    Last edited by K Train; 01-05-2011 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    yeah right...sure BPA. thats not what hood or pouncey was. clearly i was upset with hood, and thrilled with pouncey but they are addressing need more than anything the last few drafts. best players available we'd have maualuga next to timmons and dez across from wallace

i dont think worilds was the best player available at all...they have very inconstant ways of drafting

moore very well might stay at school, but i think FS is a high priority too, at least in the next 2 years.

right now my board for players that im not writing the steelers off as being out of contention for at 25-32 would look like this

Sherrod
    Harris
    Clayborn
    Heyward
    Pouncey
    Jenkins
    Williams
    Bailey
    Cannon

a lot of good names there. Pouncey at 30-#32 or Cannon at #60-#64

BPA to me is Pouncey at #18 he was the #1 Center and available and we needed him.

Mike Pouncy at Guard picked at #30 would be the #1 guard picked in round one.

Kyle from ND at TE would be the #1 TE picked in round one.

If Moore is there at FS he would be the #1 FS picked in round one at #30

By the time we pick at #30 there will be a half dozen OT's taken already.. so the best OT would not be the best OT at that #30 pick to me.

But we do need an OT, CB... Free Agency is needed here.

this draft stuff is a gas, but all this will change in another 2 months.

i want no part in canstanzo, solder, love in round one....and believe it or not i think cannon is a top 15 senior prospect

carimi is a MAYBE he compares favorable to david stewart and will be a good RT for a long time, but that depends on what they have planned for LT and colon and flos future with the team.

Sign Gaither and the problems are all solved on the exterior oline, then address RG early and its a borderline elite oline

out of my list hes the comparisons ive came up with

Derrek Sherrod-Marvel Smith Clone
    Brandon Harris- Marcus Trufant
    Adrian Clayborn- Darnell Dockett
    Cameron Heyward- Chris Canty
    Mike Pouncey- Less aware maurkice pouncey
    Janoris Jenkins- Asante Samuel
    Aaron Williams- DRC
    Allen Bailey- Justin Tuck
    Marcus Cannon- Shawne Andrews

I can't recall who I was reading today but they projected Tyron Smith as the only real LT prospect and projected the rest as RTs. If that is the case, I see most of these guys falling to late first or second because there are more than a few quality QBs who will go early in first. There are going to be some risers and fallers and this year might be the exact opposite of last year where the OTs went high and QBs waited until day 2/3.

Thread Information