Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 195967686970 LastLast

Thread: Official 2011 Steeler draft discussion

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    1 -3: Excellent drafting, filling needs with quality.
    4 - 7: Did Colbert's wrist get tired from throwing darts at the big board?
    I didnt hate rounds 4-7, I just didnt love them either. I liked the positions they drafted for just didnt know enough about the people. We will see I guess. Again, overall this was a decent draft for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    1 -3: Excellent drafting, filling needs with quality.
    4 - 7: Did Colbert's wrist get tired from throwing darts at the big board?

2011 NFL Draft Individual Grades:

31. Cameron Heyward, DE/DT, Ohio State
    This is a typical Steelers pick. They're bolstering their defense with one of the top players available. He doesn't fill an immediate need, but will definitely be starting for the team in a year or two. (Pick Grade: B)

63. Marcus Gilbert, OT, Florida
    The Steelers almost had to make this pick. They need to protect Ben Roethlisberger. Marcus Gilbert fits their blocking scheme, and he's arguably one of the top tackles available. (Pick Grade: B)

95. Curtis Brown, CB, Texas
    I had Curtis Brown to the Steelers in the second round of my mock re-draft, so I love this pick. Brown provides tremendous value and fills a huge need for the Steelers. He's also a great fit for Mike Tomlin's defensive scheme. That's why the Steelers were very interested in Brown this offseason. (Pick Grade: A)

128. Cortez Allen, CB, The Citadel
    Another solid cornerback selection for the Steelers. Cortez Allen fits the range at the bottom of the Round 4, and he figures to improve the secondary sometime in the near future. (Pick Grade: B)

162. Chris Carter, DE/OLB, Fresno State
    Kevin Colbert continues to dominate the 2011 NFL Draft. Chris Carter could have gone as high as the bottom of the second round, so this is a major steal. Carter won't contribute right away, but he could step in once James Harrison moves on. (Pick Grade: A)

196. Keith Williams, G, Nebraska
    Another quality pick. The Steelers have to keep adding solid offensive linemen to the roster, and Keith Williams fits the range. (Pick Grade: B)

232. Baron Batch, RB, Texas Tech
    The Steelers were expected to find a change-of-pace back behind Rashard Mendenhall. Baron Batch qualifies, but there were better prospects available. (Pick Grade: C)

I would really have liked Devine, but you have to love Baron Batch and the story.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

He's like 5'9 202. He's pretty quick. Not Noel Devine quick but he may be able to find a role on the team.
    Last edited by Big T; 04-30-2011 at 07:39 PM.

how Cameron Heyward is not an A+ pick is beyond me. Rest I can agree with.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Baron Batch.. All he did was catch screens at Texas Tech from the video I just watched... Maybe BA will actually run some now?

--- Added 4/30/2011 at 05:38 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    I would really have liked Devine, but you have to love Baron Batch and the story.
    What is the story?

This is, as far as I'm concerned, a pick out of pity based on how badly he was injured etc etc. He is not a very good RB, and worse than Noel Devine in all aspects of the game to be honest. Oh well, I doubt he'll make the team anyway, but he could find time on the practice-squad.

--- Added 4/30/2011 at 05:40 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by igor0190 View Post
    Baron Batch.. All he did was catch screens at Texas Tech from the video I just watched... Maybe BA will actually run some now?

--- Added 4/30/2011 at 05:38 PM ---

What is the story?
    He was badly injured in 06 I believe and was told he would never play football again but battled through it and ended up having some pretty decent years at Texas Tech. Still, he is not a very good RB...

This is, as far as I'm concerned, a pick out of pity based on how badly he was injured etc etc. He is not a very good RB, and worse than Noel Devine in all aspects of the game to be honest. Oh well, I doubt he'll make the team anyway, but he could find time on the practice-squad.

--- Added 4/30/2011 at 05:40 PM ---

He was badly injured in 06 I believe and was told he would never play football again but battled through it and ended up having some pretty decent years at Texas Tech. Still, he is not a very good RB...

Well, he is a 7th round pick so he isnt expected to be great. From what Ive seen he's a smaller quicker back with good hands and good vision. He isnt Noel Devine but he could find a role on this team.

how Cameron Heyward is not an A+ pick is beyond me. Rest I can agree with.
    Probably because he's coming off of Tommy John surgery and the fact that the position not an immediate need for the Steelers.

looks like a fresh moore

Thread Information