Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2011 Steeler draft discussion

Bookmark and Share
    Given the number of CBs, and where they are projected to go (early days though), don't we have a good chance of landing a decent one late in second. If so, take a game changer on O or D line in first. Take the BPA in first, or trade down and try to get an extra pick. It would be nice to address all 3 needs this year but that means we would have to go 3 for 3 with first 3 picks. Not sure how realistc that is.

At some point later I think we need a TE that catch better as well, as a number 2. I don't know if anyone has any favorite TEs out there that they like.

I really do not like the idea of trading down for extra picks. We don't need extra picks, we need quality picks. We have plenty of depths on pretty much all positions. We need some impact players instead.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

I agree with JensK about needing quality picks, however, I also think that if we traded down to get more picks we could gain quality picks as well. I believe we got both Mike Wallace and Emmanuel Sanders in the third round the last two drafts. We already know about Wallace, but Sanders will play a bigger role on the offense next year. Also, if u notice, the Gaytriots r always trading down to get picks and it seems like they r always on the clock. So depending on who's available when we pick in these rounds then we should def consider trading down. I think there is enough depth at both O-Lineman and DB's this year.

My Mood
    Fine
    I seem some mocks said to draft Pitt WR Jonathan Baldwin. What are your thoughts? I'd like for them to draft someone who will start. Thats a OL maybe Baldwin after a few games or a Cam Heyward/JJ Watt to rotate on the DL.

baldwin sucks and in no way should be a first round pick....id take jones in a heaetbeat if he was there, maybe floyd....but i wouldnt touch baldwin before the 3rd round

My Mood
    Fine
    We signed Donavan Warren to futures contract. I like This signing.

I agree with K Train. I think Baldwin will prolly be overdrafted b/c of his size. I personally think that he would be a decent receiver if he had a pro bowl caliber QB. I think that he is a steal after the second round and hopefully could contribute as a red-zone threat, but history for big receivers has not been good the previous few years with the exception of MegaTron b/c he had it all though. Im really anxious to see some of these guys at their pro days and or combine. Adding a bigger receiver would not hurt us at all. We may give Sweed one last chance, but who knows. We blew it with that pick.

Starter
    From the looks of things Floyd could (should?) be avail ..I like Greg Little in the 2nd tbh and think by draft time he could be way higher ..

I know he is "raw" and needs work, but he is a legitimate RB after the catch and would be sweet as hell to have underneath ..

almost think he could play RB in the pros .. if you watch him he has a rare combination of wiggle and power .. manchild

My Mood
    Fine
    What do you guys think about Robert Sands Safety WV? 6'4.5" 221 lbs. I like what I see on video. Rahim Moore will most likely be gone by the time we pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Phdboy2020 View Post
    I agree with K Train. I think Baldwin will prolly be overdrafted b/c of his size. I personally think that he would be a decent receiver if he had a pro bowl caliber QB. I think that he is a steal after the second round and hopefully could contribute as a red-zone threat, but history for big receivers has not been good the previous few years with the exception of MegaTron b/c he had it all though. Im really anxious to see some of these guys at their pro days and or combine. Adding a bigger receiver would not hurt us at all. We may give Sweed one last chance, but who knows. We blew it with that pick.
    i still have an odd amount of faith in sweed to contribute...i think he was poised to have a decent year before that injury. sucks, but what are you gonna do. you cant say they blew that pick, he was the obvious best player on the board

Quote Originally Posted by andyg1984 View Post
    From the looks of things Floyd could (should?) be avail ..I like Greg Little in the 2nd tbh and think by draft time he could be way higher ..

I know he is "raw" and needs work, but he is a legitimate RB after the catch and would be sweet as hell to have underneath ..

almost think he could play RB in the pros .. if you watch him he has a rare combination of wiggle and power .. manchild
    floyd is staying at ND. greg little would be a sick addition, reminds me of boldin. its hard to project the UNC guys though since they didnt play
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRob68 View Post
    What do you guys think about Robert Sands Safety WV? 6'4.5" 221 lbs. I like what I see on video. Rahim Moore will most likely be gone by the time we pick.
    no...ill take mcdaniel, moore, or williams....dont really have interest in sands

Thread Information