Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harrison, Polamalu, Pouncey in 2010 pro bowl

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Pouncey <3

The only reason Ray Lewis is in over Timmons is because he is a bigger name.
    True. He's gotten more publicity. You know, with the murder and such.

Duke of 531
    It's just mind blowing how good pouncey has been...I was really skeptical if he might even get some time at guard this season...For a rookie to come in and start for the steelers at center is just a testimony to the incredible talent that this man has...Really glad to see his hard work rewarded with a pro-bowl selection...he has definetly earned it...but we will be too busy getting ready for the super bowl for any steelers to participate...really sad to see that lawrence timmons didn't make the line-up perhaps he will be named a substitute...screw ray lewis he is just one of those name recognition picks at this point

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by nuclearchihuahuas View Post
    I am so glad...I know the fan vote doesn't count for much, but I voted an entire morning one day, and the better part of an afternoon another day. I am so glad Harrison got in---up yours Rog!
    Well said!!

The popularity contest bowl strikes again, there's no reason that Farrior and Timmons should not have gotten in. Both of those guys are making plays every week that are differences in the game. The pro bowl is such a joke, the way that players get in just by the name alone is ridiculous.

It is true, none of these guys will be there, they'll be getting ready for the SB!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I have to agree that Mike Wallace should have made it over Reggie Wayne. But the pro bowl is a popularity contest.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I really thought Heath Miller would have his best chance yet to make it to pro bowl. With Gates missing so much time and Dallas Clark on IR, those were 2 of his big competition that always kept him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I have to agree that Mike Wallace should have made it over Reggie Wayne. But the pro bowl is a popularity contest.
    You nailed! But Pouncey earned his ticket!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We all know too, that the pro bowl roster will change a dozen times between now and when it's actually played. Players with nagging injuries, ones that get injured in the coming weeks, and those in the super bowl won't be playing. So there will be plenty of room for alternates and reserves to make the final roster.

KUDOS to Pouncey in his rookie year.What a great first rond pick.The steelers have an anchor on the offensive line for the next decade,now the have to build around him.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Congrats to all 3! I think you are all on target with sentiments about Potsie and LT. I can see one of them getting in as an alternate, but this love affair the media and fans have with Ray Lewis is digusting. No question he is/was an outstanding player, but it has been clear as day that he has lost several steps the last 2 years and gets trucked by more guards and FB's than ever before. Oh well, I expected as much.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Thread Information