Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there any chance the Steelers dont take care of business against the Browns Sunday

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    saints-hater

Is there any chance the Steelers dont take care of business against the Browns Sunday

Now I know there is always that chance of an upset but does anybody on this board realistically think that the Steelers could actually go into Cleveland knowing what's on the line with the AFC North Division and a number 2 seed in the playoffs at stake and lose to the Browns in Cleveland with a rookie QB playing for them?? Ill say this much the Browns yesterday while they did lose to the Ravens the Ravens let them hang around in this game way too long and fortunately for the Ravens the Browns werent able to capatalize on it and take advantage of it. But the bottom line is they did hang around long enough to still have a chance to win this game. I just hope the Steelers dont let the Browns do the samething this week. The Steelers need to come out in this game and get the lead early and get up by 14-17 points in this game by the 2nd quarter much like they did with the Panthers and put the Browns out of their misery. The Browns are most likely going to fire Eric Mangini once this season is over and the Steelers need to make sure that they put the final nail in Mangini's coffin once and for all.

The bottom line is this if the Steelers cant beat a team like the Cleveland Browns with this much on the line for the playoffs then they dont deserve to win the North and get the bye week and they should pretty much just conceed their playoff spot all together. One thing this Steelers team has been able to do this year unlike last year is beat the teams they are suppose to beat with losing records. They have not lost to a team this year with a losing record and are 6-1 overall on the road. I just cannot see the Steelers with as many veterans as they have on this team and knowing what's at stake in this game in Cleveland going up their and laying an egg and losing to the Browns with the division and a bye week in the playoffs on the line. I will be just completely shocked if it does happen, and if it indeed would happen I would predict them to go 1 and done in the playoffs...

It's a stone cold lock..we win ..the Ravens have a better chance of losing.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    It's a stone cold lock..we win ..the Ravens have a better chance of losing.
    I wouldnt say it's a stone cold lock I am just hoping the Steelers get up early and often in this game and put this game away early. Get up something like 20-3 at the half and the game will be over. If the Browns have to rely on Mccoy to win this game with his arm if they are down by more then 2 TD's their chances of beating the Steelers are slim to none...My point is the Steelers cannot let the Browns hang around in this game and give them more of a reason to play harder and believe they can pull off this upset. When you do things like that that's when things can get very very dangerous...This is another game where Arians and Tomlin are going to have to be aggressive on offense early in the game and dont let their foot off the gas. I want quick back breaking scores this game by Wallace early not these 7-8 minutes drives like the Steelers have been having over the last few weeks that result in either 3 points or 0 points. They did this **** in Buffalo against the Bills where they held the ball forever in the first half but were only up 13-0 going into the half and we all know how that game almost turned out in the 2nd half.

If the Steelers and Arians get cute and try to pull the same bullshit this game as they did in the Bills game on offense holding the ball forever and getting no points out of it the same exact thing could happen in this game in Cleveland that happened in Buffalo with the Bills...Im just saying people better not take the Browns for granted because while they havent been playing well at all the last few weeks they are improved enough and decent enough this season as they have proven that if the Steelers dont put them away early and they take their foot off their throats they will hang in this game and make this game miserable for Steelers fans to watch...

My Mood
    Addicted
    Of course there's a chance, but I don't think it's a very big one. The Steelers know that they have to get it done, this won't be the same as last year.

From Lamarr Woodley's facebook:
    Goodnight steeler nation!!! 1000% focused on beating cleve.. we want that #2 seed and to play in front of all u on the road to #7.. plus we owe ya for what weve put u thru at home this yr!! lol

Total focus will result in NO problem.

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Of course there's a chance, but I don't think it's a very big one. The Steelers know that they have to get it done, this won't be the same as last year.

From Lamarr Woodley's facebook:
    Goodnight steeler nation!!! 1000% focused on beating cleve.. we want that #2 seed and to play in front of all u on the road to #7.. plus we owe ya for what weve put u thru at home this yr!! lol
    Woodley better quit worrying about tweeting stuff and texting stuff on facebook and start increasing his level of play over the next few weeks and in the playoffs because Woodley has not been playing that well as of lately and he had better make life for McCoy and the Browns offense this week miserable...

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    Woodley better quit worrying about tweeting stuff and texting stuff on facebook and start increasing his level of play over the next few weeks and in the playoffs because Woodley has not been playing that well as of lately and he had better make life for McCoy and the Browns offense this week miserable...
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    afc-hater
    This happened last year, we went into Cleveland with a playoff spot on the line and couldn't get anything going at all. Arians worst game to date actually, he should have been fired. Ben took 9 sacks against the Browns on the loss and I think Quinn was a rookie.

If we can't beat the Browns, then no we don't deserve a 2 seed, but we still earned a playoff spot by winning 11 other games so I would be looking forward to see how they would bounce back from a loss to the **** Browns. I really doubt the Steelers drop this one though. I think they take care of business and lock the division up with the bye week. Ravens have a better chance of losing to the Bengals imo

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    I don't think Woodley sacrifices his playing ability to think of what to put on his facebook..

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    I don't think Woodley sacrifices his playing ability to think of what to put on his facebook..
    probably not...but it's like the DB who dances around like he just won the SB after making a tackle when 3 plays earlier he got beat for a 65 yd TD.
    -Wayne Dyer

Thread Information