Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Steelers vow to correct their mistakes

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    Your Brother In Christ Scorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Fresno, California
    Posts
    8,792
    My Mood
    Love

    Steelers vow to correct their mistakes

    December 25 Pittsburgh Tribune Review

    "The Steelers are home for the holidays, but they aren't about to spread the Christmas cheer after a 27-3 victory over the Carolina Panthers that was dominant yet disappointing. The offense accounted for 408 yards and three touchdowns but left the locker room knowing its ineffectiveness in the red zone leaves room for improvement. The defense forced an interception and four sacks ? including one on a fourth-and-5 at their own 32 ? but dwelled on missing tackles early and allowing a field goal late that prevented a shutout. "We haven't put together a complete game yet," outside linebacker James Harrison said. "That's something we really need to start working on as we roll towards January"

  2. #2
    Assistant Coach steelchamp204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,001
    Yea they really need to start tackling alot better, When we face playoff caliber teams, when it counts, we cant afford to have alot of missed tackles, But I guees its better than woodley only getting about 2 tackles a game. Plus we need to get more pressure on the qb, I know troy is out and smith but that should be no excuse. Other guys need to step up.

  3. #3
    2nd String Moondog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Warren, OH. It's about a hour & 45 minutes NW from the Burgh.
    Posts
    566
    That's good news, I'd be worried if they were all content with themselves.

  4. #4
    Assistant Coach steelchamp204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Moondog View Post
    That's good news, I'd be worried if they were all content with themselves.
    Yea but to look at the bright side. I think were better going into the playoffs than the chiefs, Ravens, jets, colts. I think were in alot better shape than them 4 teams, just not in better shape than the pats. I like our chances, just have to get the monkey off our back beatin the pats. In the nfc. I think the packers are gonna win the nfc. They look very good right now.

  5. #5
    Your Brother In Christ Scorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Fresno, California
    Posts
    8,792
    My Mood
    Love
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    In the nfc. I think the packers are gonna win the nfc. They look very good right now.
    I bet the NFC will have better playoff games than the AFC.

  6. #6
    Assistant Coach steelchamp204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
    I bet the NFC will have better playoff games than the AFC.
    Yea even though the afc seemed very dominant this year, the nfc has the saints,packers,falcons,eagles, bears and rams(probably). Thery ALL have very good offenses to say the least. Defenses arent as good as ours,jets,pats. But damn can them teams put up some points.

  7. #7
    2nd String Moondog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Warren, OH. It's about a hour & 45 minutes NW from the Burgh.
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Yea but to look at the bright side. I think were better going into the playoffs than the chiefs, Ravens, jets, colts. I think were in alot better shape than them 4 teams, just not in better shape than the pats. I like our chances, just have to get the monkey off our back beatin the pats. In the nfc. I think the packers are gonna win the nfc. They look very good right now.

    Call me crazy, but I want the Steelers to play the Pats. It's something that has to be done.

  8. #8
    Assistant Coach steelchamp204's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    4,001
    Quote Originally Posted by Moondog View Post
    Call me crazy, but I want the Steelers to play the Pats. It's something that has to be done.
    If we dont play the pats, us going to the supperbowl will be 70/30, If we play the pats its gonna be 40/60 favored them. But I want to play them to, but this time we put a beatdown on them and hold them to 17 points. IN FOXBOROUGH.

  9. #9
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    If we dont play the pats, us going to the supperbowl will be 70/30, If we play the pats its gonna be 40/60 favored them. But I want to play them to, but this time we put a beatdown on them and hold them to 17 points. IN FOXBOROUGH.
    I agree! I said in an early post a few weeks ago, that in order to be the best, you have to beat the best. Plus, it'll give the team some redemption.

  10. #10
    Your Brother In Christ Scorp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Fresno, California
    Posts
    8,792
    My Mood
    Love
    Quote Originally Posted by chisteeler View Post
    I agree! I said in an early post a few weeks ago, that in order to be the best, you have to beat the best. Plus, it'll give the team some redemption.
    Colts got theirs and now it's Stillers time!!!!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Steelers born July 8, 1933
    By Steelerlyn in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-09-2010, 11:18 AM
  2. 2010 Steelers Roster
    By greg1964 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 02:47 PM
  3. Old School Gospel
    By FC FURY in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 07:48 AM
  4. All planned events celebrating our 75th year
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 01:31 PM
  5. Pre Game Report - Steelers vs. Raiders (Wk. 8)
    By House of Steel in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-28-2006, 01:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •