Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Current AFC Playoff picture going into next week...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    jets-hater

Current AFC Playoff picture going into next week...

Here is the potential playoff scenarios going into next week in the AFC...

The Patriots have clinched the 1 seed and homefield throughout the playoffs...

The Steelers clinch the AFC North next week with a win in Cleveland or a Ravens loss to the Bengals...

The Chiefs clinch the AFC West and a number 3 seed in the playoffs with a win over the Raiders next Sunday or a loss by the Chargers today to the Bengals who lead SD 13-0 now or a loss to the Broncos next week...

The Colts clinch the AFC South division with wins over the Raiders today and against Tennessee next week and the number 4 seed. They can get the 3 seed if they win out and the Chiefs lose to Oakland next week...

The Ravens and Jets have clinched playoff spots and the Jets can no longer win their division and will most likely be the 6 seed in the playoffs...The Ravens can still clinch the AFC North and the number 2 seed but need the Steelers to lose in Cleveland next week and they need to beat the Bengals at home...

Most likely right now if things stand as they are the Chiefs are going to be meeting the Jets in the wildcard round in a 3 versus 6 game and the Ravens will meet the Colts in Indy in a 4 versus 5 game. If the Chiefs win their wildcard game with the Jets they will play the Steelers the first playoff game seeing that the 3 always plays the 2 no matter what anybody else does. Boy that would be a great first matchup for the Steelers as compared to getting the Ravens,Colts,or Jets which is most likely who the Pats will play if one of those teams win...That's the rundown as of right now in the AFC playoff picture I hope this helps clear some things up...We all should become big KC fans the next 2 weeks I believe since they are the best matchup for us to advance I believe to the AFC Championship assuming we still get the 2 seed...

This would be a good situation.

I wish the Steelers were palying today. I am going through withdrawls.

My Mood
    Addicted
    It's all in the Steelers hands now.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Aside from the Ratbirds losing today, this is the best case scenario for the Steelers right now. They only need to rely on themselves next Sunday. They win and they get the division and the #2 seed with a first round bye. In a way I'm kind of glad that they are still playing for their lives right now, it will keep them focused and playing with the intensity & urgency needed to head into the post season. Getting a week off and a home playoff game is HUGE. Troy will be ready. Smith could be ready. Ben's nose will be almost healed up and his foot can use the rest. The rest of the bumps and bruises will have time to heal.

Having to go on the road the first week of playoff, or otherwise having to play at all would be bad news for a team that is so beat up and in need of the bye.

My Mood
    Love
    Just bring on Steelers/Patriots AFC Championship. To see who really wants to add another Lombardi to their collection. It'd be cool if the Pats get knocked out in the divisional game.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
    It'd be cool if the Pats get knocked out in the divisional game.
    After last year I really don't see that happening this year. They will lose in the AFC Championship game though.

The Chiefs? It's hard to believe, could you imagine a SB with the two west teams in it?
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Plenty of things can happen in the next few weeks so nothing is a given, but I'm sure glad we're in the position we're in. I actually wouldn't count out the Chiefs against a team like the Patriots. Peoli knows NE very well and they have some weapons. It could be a really high scoring game if they play.

Duke of 531
    I was hoping that baltimore would be going into the playoffs as the 6 seed...i guess there is still a slim chance for that ...i think baltimore could go to kansas city or indy and win which would have sent them to new england...there are still possibilities that could send baltimore to new england i don't know if they can beat the pats(but they did do a number on them last year)but they are the only one of the four who I think can give them a game plus new england probably would not come out of a game with the ratbirds in one piece...hopefully with brady in the hospital after suggs plants his *** in the turf...go steelers crush the clowns this week and lock up that 2 seed

My Mood
    Love
    This is going to be one hell of a memorable playoff this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
    This is going to be one hell of a memorable playoff this year.
    Lets hope that next Christmas we are all asking for the 2010 Steelers DVD SB champion box set

Thread Information