Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Coaching

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I liked the decision to go for it, we go the safe route too often. Now, in a close a game getting the sure points is always the right decision but in a game when you're up, you go for the kill shot. When your defense is playing great you can afford to take that risk now and then even if it doesn't pay off.

Let's not blame Tomlin for all the issues especially in the redzone. The players have to execute those plays and they falter often, especially the OL in the redzone. when you have defenders in your backfield it pretty much blows up any play you have called.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I had no problem with Tomlin going for it on 4th down........The Steelers were up 20-0 and the Panthers had to march 90+ yards with Jimmy Clausen at QB to score a TD....lol

Rookie Free Agent Woodson_DownUnder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    i disagree... i feel we go for the kick too often. We have no killer instinct. When it was 17-0 and we kicked we should went for it IMO

Our conservative brand of football wont work with the likes of Pats, Falcons, Saints. We need to get an attitude on offense.

You know the attitude, the same one Ben gets every 4th quarter when he has to score pts in order to bail the team out and either keep them in or to win games. We need to get that attitude in the first half of games...
    I second that. Gotta start taking chances and seeing what can be made of these opportunities. Blew a few too many here & there vs Panthers. Need TE's Miller / Johnson to lead the runners to the line to have more hope in getting that first down.

Like the Ravens game, patience was crucial. Steelers grinding games out can put alot of pressure on the D with getting that rest (staying fresh for second half). That's the bottom line.
    http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=705&dateline=12442565  10

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Totally disagree! You take advantage of your opportunties. Our offense hasn't done crap on 4th down this year. You watch, this could cost us a big ball game.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

i agree that should have gone for it in this game. this was a preseaon game for us at the end of the season. this is one of those games that you try to work out all of the kinks or find what kinks you have before the playoffs and try to fix them. One thing i am tired of is seeing mendy keep trying to take the ball between flozell and foster i think that they need to start running more behind pouncey, kemo, and scott they are getting hell of pushes on the left side.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post
    Totally disagree! You take advantage of your opportunties. Our offense hasn't done crap on 4th down this year. You watch, this could cost us a big ball game.
    Take advantage of what? Getting 3 points when you would still be up 3 scores regardless?

Cannot critizies Tomlins playcalling against the Panthers.Tomlin had confidence that the game was in the bag with the 20 point lead.He then took the opportunity to work on the things that he fealt needed.I think he did a great job!

Awe common...This game was over very very early and Tomlin was trying to play with a sense of urgency. Name one playoff team the wins by taking the petal off the gas this time of the year. Carolina sucked, early and often. It was cold (I was there, the coldest ever of all the games I have attended) and the boss was setting the tone. Face it fans, the Steelers are very good but not great. Trust the coach and his judgement on this. Talk radio in the Burgh blasted him for keeping the starters in, I think they are wrong. Tomlin knows his team is evolving as the season ends and needs to get Saunders and Brown into the game plan (more reps) if the Steelers will progress into the post season.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Going for it was the right call and had the officials had the correct camera angle(one of my many issues against IR) this thread would be a moot point because I'd bet my kids' xmas presents that mendy had a first down there. Nevertheless, why you go for it....

1. Carolina had not scored more than 2 offensive TD's in a game all season.
    2. They had shown little ability to do anything offensively.
    3. They were going to be starting inside their own 5.
    4. Lastly, if they come back and beat us from 20-0 down then we don't even deserve to be in the playoffs let alone "hang with the Panthers."

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

i dont get why butler, sylvester and worilds werent playing on D a few plays.

especially worilds as woodley really needs a kick in the back side.

Thread Information