Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coaching

Bookmark and Share
    Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry

Coaching

I question Tomlins coaching decisions and clock management. Like when he went for it on 4th down. To me, you take the points. He's leaving alot out there on the field. This is why we are blowing leads. I mean seriously, whats our percentage on 4th down? You take the points! And, we blow a timeout on the challenge. Fortunately, the game never got close and we were playing the lowly Panthers. Had we kicked the fg it would have been 23-0. Instead it was still 20-0, and If the panthers had any fire power they could have driven down field and made a game of it.

This was also evident on the drive right before halftime. You take the points! Poor management. I just see too many squandered opportunties. This team has to go start learning to put teams away!

We also need to protect the ball. Too many turnovers! I dont know if the ball was slick, but Ben had problems with the handoffs.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    i disagree... i feel we go for the kick too often. We have no killer instinct. When it was 17-0 and we kicked we should went for it IMO

Our conservative brand of football wont work with the likes of Pats, Falcons, Saints. We need to get an attitude on offense.

You know the attitude, the same one Ben gets every 4th quarter when he has to score pts in order to bail the team out and either keep them in or to win games. We need to get that attitude in the first half of games...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Yes, the blood was in the water, FEED! I liked it!!

I question Tomlins coaching decisions and clock management. Like when he went for it on 4th down. To me, you take the points. He's leaving alot out there on the field. This is why we are blowing leads. I mean seriously, whats our percentage on 4th down? You take the points! And, we blow a timeout on the challenge. Fortunately, the game never got close and we were playing the lowly Panthers. Had we kicked the fg it would have been 23-0. Instead it was still 20-0, and If the panthers had any fire power they could have driven down field and made a game of it.

1)Yes he was leaving a lot out there thats why he went for the first down to get a TD instead of a FG.

2)You answered the question as to why he went for it on 4th

3) They had no fire power whatsoever in that game. Again, you answered as to why he went for it.

4) You really think that offense was going to drive 96 yards on our D? Going for it shows how confident Tomlin is in our defense.

Veteran
    My Mood
    Angry
    Ya, you guys wouldn't be saying that had we lost. Like I said we were playing the worst team in football. That crap won't cut it vs better teams.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post
    Ya, you guys wouldn't be saying that had we lost. Like I said we were playing the worst team in football. That crap won't cut it vs better teams.
    FGs wont cut it against a better team...

point is if we get into the red zone we need TDs... I dont care how many 40yd Bombs Ben hits, we gotta cross the goalline in the red zone!
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

In referance to Ben having trouble with the handoffs last night,I noticed Redman tried to accept a handoff with his hands in the wrong position to accept the ball.causing his arm to kick the ball out....result.... fumble.Poor technique on Redman behalf....That 1...... not Ben's fault.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I love that they went for it on 4th down. Maybe in a nailbiter game against the Ravens you take the points, but not against the Panthers.

Banned
    The only thing the coaches messed up on was running Moore more than redman in the redzone. So sick of seeing moore and his 1.2 yards a carry and ****. He is a back that is good with catching balls and running, but not running through the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunchbucket View Post
    In referance to Ben having trouble with the handoffs last night,I noticed Redman tried to accept a handoff with his hands in the wrong position to accept the ball.causing his arm to kick the ball out....result.... fumble.Poor technique on Redman behalf....That 1...... not Ben's fault.
    I saw that on the replay too, and thought Redman screwed up on something he's been doing at least 10 years
    If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!

Thread Information