Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Running Backs

Bookmark and Share
    Arians doesn't want us to be a run first team, last night was a prime example of him just doing what he loves, passing the ball to wide receivers!

It worked against the woeful Panthers, but in few weeks time, we're going to struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by franchise3 View Post
    He/she thinks/hopes that BA won't be here...
    So far there is no contract extension... im going with that for now.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Mendenhall runs hard, the kid can juke like Barry Sanders (well almost) and power through defenders like Bettis (almost) ..LOL. Seriously though the kid runs hard and earns every single yard. He's got great vision and continues to get better. I'd love to see him get more touches, but in this offense Arians still likes to pass first. Imagine what this kid could do with a fullback in front of him.

Memo has a place on this team and a role as a 3rd down back. His productivity hasn't up to past years though so far. His veteran presence is a plus for a young backfield. I do thinkt his could be his last year though. I would love to see a combo of Mendy & Redman on a regular basis.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
    Redman can't do much more to earn carries. He's been playing spectacular for his spot duty. I would be livid if I were him. I find it funny all those people knocking him from day 1.
    . For what chances he has gotten, he's proven himself every single time. Why he isn't our sole redzone back, I don't know. Must be BA's mastermind at work.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Mendenhall runs hard, the kid can juke like Barry Sanders (well almost) and power through defenders like Bettis (almost) ..LOL. Seriously though the kid runs hard and earns every single yard. He's got great vision and continues to get better. I'd love to see him get more touches, but in this offense Arians still likes to pass first. Imagine what this kid could do with a fullback in front of him.

Memo has a place on this team and a role as a 3rd down back. His productivity hasn't up to past years though so far. His veteran presence is a plus for a young backfield. I do thinkt his could be his last year though. I would love to see a combo of Mendy & Redman on a regular basis.
    I disagree and I think Mendenhall has average vision and I think with improved vision then I think he could be a great RB.......I have seen him make the wrong cut back many times this year......I'm not saying the kid isn't good since I think he is super talented and only improving.....But in my opinion his vision is something he can work on......You can't dispute his talent since he has mad skills.....Of course it would help to have a much better OL that can run block better......But still some of it falls on him to....

As for Redman I think he should get some more carries as well especially to spell Mendenhall at times......Especially inside the 5 in the red zone.........

The only thing Moore offers this team is an outlet out of the backfield on passing downs.....But Mendenhall and Redman can do that as well.....

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityKid5 View Post
    I pretty much agree. My only question is how is Tomlin afraid of change? How do you know he personally is?
    Hes a laid back coach, I think yesterdays game when he got in scotts face was the firt time I ever saw him get into anyones face, Hes not a cowher lets just say say. Doesnt seem like he has the balls to fire anyone, I guees we will see after this season eh>

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    Hes a laid back coach, I think yesterdays game when he got in scotts face was the firt time I ever saw him get into anyones face, Hes not a cowher lets just say say. Doesnt seem like he has the balls to fire anyone, I guees we will see after this season eh>
    Again, I agree. I just don't know how Tomlin is personally afraid of change?

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post
    I thought it was someone else who got in Scott's face.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
    I thought it was someone else who got in Scott's face.
    it was... it was the new OL coach... I could see how they got them mixed up tho (ones white, ones black)
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    it was... it was the new OL coach... I could see how they got them mixed up tho (ones white, ones black)
    Totally understandable..

Thread Information