Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the defense championship caliber?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Is the defense championship caliber?

I would say yes they are. Now, granted the Panthers are not a high powered offense. The Jets really weren't either, but overall I think these guys have all the tools to be championship caliber. They've proven they can take over a game by creating turnovers, sacks, shutting down the run, etc. If they blitz and get after the QB they can hang with anyone. When they sit back and don't create pressure they are vulnerable.

The question remains though, can the secondary hold up. With Troy in there, the chances improve dramatically. If Smith comes back for the postseason the pressure on the QB will be even better which will help them out. Mundy is playing tough, credit the kid for stepping up but we all know we need Troy in there.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    With a healthy Troy Polamalu then yes and especially if the old warrior Aaron Smith comes back healthy.......

When healthy, yes. Can't wait for Troy and smith to return!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Depends on the day.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I would worry about this defense against Marsha Brady......Brady seems to own LeBeau and our defense.......But then again you never know.....The Steelers in 2005 shouldn't have beaten the Colts either according to the talking heads and experts....Of course we know what happened........Put pressure on Marsha especially up the middle and he doesn't look so great.....which most QBs don't......

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I would worry about this defense against Marsha Brady......Brady seems to own LeBeau and our defense.......But then again you never know.....The Steelers in 2005 shouldn't have beaten the Colts either according to the talking heads and experts....Of course we know what happened........Put pressure on Marsha especially up the middle and he doesn't look so great.....which most QBs don't......

Its not so much Brady, its his o-line, they are monsters blocking blitzes and anything you throw at them. I have to give credit to there oline, alotta people think they get away with alot of holds and such, but they are as good as it gets. And No matter what qb it is except for (delhomme,Clausen) If you have that much time to throw your gonna pick apart any good defense. Look how Ben has been the past couple weeks with pretty good protection. Ok, the jets game, not really all that good, I think he threw to much and thats not his game really. Not knocking Brady but imagine if he had Bens oline from 2006-present. It would be ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    With a healthy Troy Polamalu then yes and especially if the old warrior Aaron Smith comes back healthy.......
    With those 2 back,I believe we have a more than better chance at making a playoff run.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    We gave up 3 points last night , fire them all.

Really at times I wonder what they are thinking ?

When our best pass rusher ( Harrison) spends most of the game in coverage.

We only use a 3-4 man rush (especially against an inexperienced QB)

Where is Woodley is he still on the team?

To answer the question , yes we have the ability and talent to be championship caliber. Will we use it thats another question
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Love
    They have been throughout the season. Of course when playoffs come around and we have all of our guys on the field then it's all over. Make way for the Stillers baby.

Quote Originally Posted by steelchamp204 View Post

Its not so much Brady, its his o-line, they are monsters blocking blitzes and anything you throw at them. I have to give credit to there oline, alotta people think they get away with alot of holds and such, but they are as good as it gets. And No matter what qb it is except for (delhomme,Clausen) If you have that much time to throw your gonna pick apart any good defense. Look how Ben has been the past couple weeks with pretty good protection. Ok, the jets game, not really all that good, I think he threw to much and thats not his game really. Not knocking Brady but imagine if he had Bens oline from 2006-present. It would be ugly.
    Same with the running game - Ben Jarvis Green Ellis is not a great RB, that O line is great. Look at Peytons Oline for the past decade....Offensive lines and great defenses win championships. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a casual fan. Period.

Thread Information