Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Redzone problems still evident but getting better?

Bookmark and Share
    2nd String
    I made the comment during the game are in trouble if we kick field goals inside the 30 all day and rely on a quarterback sneak to get into the end zone for an actual touchdown. I don't get it.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeed View Post
    I made the comment during the game are in trouble if we kick field goals inside the 30 all day and rely on a quarterback sneak to get into the end zone for an actual touchdown. I don't get it.
    Your right, we haven't fixed our redzone efficiency by now, it won't get fixed. If we can't punch it in from the 1 yard line and have to resort to Ben running a QB sneak, come playoffs, we are in a world of hurt. We can get away with it against teams like the Panthers, but not against the Patsies.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Redzone problems still evident but getting better
    i disagree, we were playing the Panthers, one of the worst teams this decade. One of the worst offenses ever... thanks to a PI it woulda been 20 pts at best... LAME
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

And its just not the redzone really, we are still getting in 3rd and 10's, 3 and 8's. We cant survive playing 3rd and longs all the time in the playoffs.

2nd String
    Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Your right, we haven't fixed our redzone efficiency by now, it won't get fixed. If we can't punch it in from the 1 yard line and have to resort to Ben running a QB sneak, come playoffs, we are in a world of hurt. We can get away with it against teams like the Panthers, but not against the Patsies.
    And on top of that, without #7 I don't think we have a chance on the QB sneak. The offense totally relies on him when it is obvious no one else can step up. It seems the offense as a whole gives it a few tires and when it is obvious they can't punch it in the default to Ben. And the more I think about, the more I realize we are living on borrowed time - in that our O line is pretty tenuous, and if Ben gets nailed good, even to the point where he cannot continue, then we will never score inside the red zone. And I am convinced, as we play better teams in the playoffs, that will happen.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Why in the hell don't they use Miller in the red zone the way the other top notch offenses are using their TE's???? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that they are not utilizing all their weapons. TE's and slot reciever.

--- Added 12/24/2010 at 01:45 PM ---

Funny...when we use Miller in the game, we get 27 points. He really moved the chains for us and kept use fluid on offense.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

I think our last two td passes have been short, quick hot routes, but still the penny doesn't drop for BA!

Plus redman is so obviously our best short yardage/goaline back, yet we persist with Mendy and even Moore! Ridicluless!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Everybody blames BA and its easy to do.....But the execution has been **** poor to by the players........BA isn't the one out there blocking poorly in the running game (especially inside the 5 yard line in the red zone)......

Last time Ben missed some throws which happens.....Ben look like a kid in the candy store last night in the red zone and threw some poor balls.....Ben just needs to relax and make better throws at times.......

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    That talk that BA and Ben had about being more patient in the endzone wasn't so evident tonight. They seemed to go back to their old ways of firing it in from the 20 on several occasions.
    First & 10 from the 19 ( I think )...three passes, guess where, yep you're right..end-zone. It's like actually massaging your game plan to react to what the defense does during the game, it's a lot easier to talk about it afterward than it is to actually do it during the game.

Old dogs-new tricks, BA-smart play calling...same same !
    You're never too old to learn something stupid.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Some of the more recent replies are dead-on. First, the execution inside the 20 has been for the most part, **** poor all season. Secondly, while the use of Miller is a great point, I'd also add that the personnel packages BA has used in the red zone have been extremely questionable. Why go to MM in the RZ if it isn't 3rd and 12 or something like that? Why NOT use Redman more often? Where is the play-action on 1st and 2nd down? I gotta stop because I'm getting pissed off just thinking about this.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Thread Information