Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offense rolling with big numbers tonight!

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Offense rolling with big numbers tonight!

Steeler offense was in high gear tonight, and can we say...FINALLY? The Panthers were just what the doctor ordered for a team trying to reestablish it's offensive identity.

Ben was on the mark tonight hitting huge plays to Wallace, Sanders, Heath, and Hines. Just before the half they had 6 plays of greater than 20 yds already in the game. This team needed a game like this where they could open things up and try to get some consistency.

The line opened up some nice holes for Mendenhall to run through tonight and even though it was tough sledding at times in the redzone they started to find their groove as the game went on. Even though they didn't make it on that 4th and goal from the 5 I like that they atleast went for it. The play call itself was crap but the mentality, you have to like that. Credit the Panthers defense, they kept playing hard and made several of the redzone trips a headache for the Steeler offense but in the end it was too much to try and overcome.

Ben was feeling it tonight, and that was nice to see. He had time to throw and the WR's were finding soft spots all evening long in the middle of the field. Overall, this game wasn't perfect, but it was needed not only for the standings of course but to give this group some added confidence by being able to put up a lot of points. Putting a team away early is a nice feeling that we don't get too often.

Ben - 22/32 323 yds 2 TD's
    Wallace - 4/104 yds 1 TD
    Miller - 5/73 yds.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I absolutely love love love how much they're using Sanders now. He's finding his niche in the offense.

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Sanders is a GOD!!!!!!!! throw it to Sanders!!!
    :logospin:

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    How can you not love Sanders, this kid is just really coming on big! He's explosive, fast, and seemingly fearless so far! You can't have too much speed, Ben has got to love these weapons.

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Roethlisberger is really coming on strong! Onto the playoffs! The Browns are our only obstacle!
    :logospin:

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by nuclearchihuahuas View Post
    Roethlisberger is really coming on strong! Onto the playoffs! The Browns are our only obstacle!
    Yea i am impressed with the way Ben has been playin lately even though he still make some bad decisions and throws he looks much better now than he did when he came back from that 4 game suspension, all we need now is to stay healthy and to get a win against the Clowns and get that bye week and number 2 seed GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Sanders is so silky smooth when running his routes especially for a rookie.......Even Anotnio Brown is getting into the act more....I'm usually hard on Heath but tonight was the best I saw Heath in a long time....I thought his routes were really crisp........

Nothing really to say about Mike Wallace anymore....We know he is legit and he is the best deep threat in the game and also coming into his own as a complete WR.......

We played the Carolina Panthers.

Until this offense can have some consistency playing a team with more than 4 wins, I'm not sold.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
    We played the Carolina Panthers.

Until this offense can have some consistency playing a team with more than 4 wins, I'm not sold.
    yeah I have to agree with you. between the 20's the Steelers moved the ball well, but again in the red zone they choke. This was against the Panthers, a team that really sucks. I still think they can get it together, but I wouldn't read too much into tonights win. They only put up 7 points in the second half. this will not do against the Pats or anyone else this team faces in the playoffs....they need to do better. But good job on the win.
    Be who you are, become what you dream....

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    yeah I have to agree with you. between the 20's the Steelers moved the ball well, but again in the red zone they choke. This was against the Panthers, a team that really sucks. I still think they can get it together, but I wouldn't read too much into tonights win. They only put up 7 points in the second half. this will not do against the Pats or anyone else this team faces in the playoffs....they need to do better. But good job on the win.
    This plus our offense played a less conservative since they knew the Panthers could do nothing after the first quarter. We were literally toying with them after it was 10-0. It was like watching a scrimmage more than a football game.

Thread Information