Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sushi's Perfection

Bookmark and Share
    He is our kicker now,give the man a vote of confidence,and stop worrying about him not being clutch,ya don't know till it happens.Faith,Steeler Dudes and Dudettes.

[MEDIA][/MEDIA]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunchbucket View Post
    He is our kicker now,give the man a vote of confidence,and stop worrying about him not being clutch,ya don't know till it happens.Faith,Steeler Dudes and Dudettes.
    I can almost gauruntee he'll never make a 53 yard and until then he is not as good as Reed and we should re-sign Jeff.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Re-sign Jeff Reed View Post

I can almost gauruntee he'll never make a 53 yard and until then he is not as good as Reed and we should re-sign Jeff.
    He's already booted a 49yd in the wind with room to spare. Jeff Reed is gone, he couldn't handle the pressure and he folded when we needed him this year. Whatever his issues are he's not our problem anymore. he was great while he was here and most fans enjoyed him being on the team.

Sushi has been playing great and so far there's reason to think he won't have the upper hand this offseason when the Steelers decide which way to go.

I can almost guarantee you should of stayed in school!!

First of all, you cannot resign a player from another active roster. Secondly, Jeff had a good run with us, but he sucked badly over the last couple of years with us, costing us games. That is absolutely unacceptable. Most will cope with misses as long as they don't miss with the game on the line, but Jeff missed when it mattered the most.

Plus he did not know how to conduct himself outside of the field; I think we all knew it would end that way sooner or later.

Sushi's been solid so far, and coaches have been smart to not ask him to kick too long FGs. Let's hope we won't rely on him to do so in the POs - Not that I would be more comfortable with Reed in there the way he played for us this year.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Westerville, OH now but from Mount Lebanon, PA
    My Mood
    patriots-hater

My Social Networks

Follow StlersGuy On Twitter Add StlersGuy on Facebook Add StlersGuy on Google+ Visit StlersGuy's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    I can almost guarantee you should of stayed in school!!
    well said

*Sent from my HTC EVO using the Now Network using Tapatalk Pro.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    First of all, you cannot resign a player from another active roster. Secondly, Jeff had a good run with us, but he sucked badly over the last couple of years with us, costing us games. That is absolutely unacceptable. Most will cope with misses as long as they don't miss with the game on the line, but Jeff missed when it mattered the most.

Plus he did not know how to conduct himself outside of the field; I think we all knew it would end that way sooner or later.

Sushi's been solid so far, and coaches have been smart to not ask him to kick too long FGs. Let's hope we won't rely on him to do so in the POs - Not that I would be more comfortable with Reed in there the way he played for us this year.
    I think this is definitely it. Reed over-stepped the line too many times. When he stopped performing, he became expendable. If he was a model citizen over the past 9 years, we may have stuck with him through his poor form.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    I could care less if Reed can make a 53 yarder and Sushi can't. At least Sushi can remain consistent from inside 40 yards....

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Mr. Perfect went un perfect tonight missing his first FG since he came to the team. Nobody makes them all and he's been automatic so far till now. I can live with that one miss, it wasn't a game changer and there's no reason to think he'll go into some epic slide like Jeff did.

Duke of 531
    the first crack in the armor...i can hear the wolves at the door...all it will take is a miss at crunch time and he will be absolutely despised

Thread Information