Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is the Steelers losing 3 home games...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Is the Steelers losing 3 home games...

This season to potentially the 3 best teams in the AFC in the Patriots,Ravens,and Jets a concern for anybody moving forward going into the playoffs?? Considering this team is 6-1 on the road this season would anybody actually prefer to see them playing on the road in the playoffs as opposed to getting the week off and being the 2 seed and potentially playing not just 1 but 2 playoff games at home?? Personally, despite the 3 losses I think getting the week off and homefield is huge and a neccessity especially for this team this season if they are going to make it to the Super Bowl. I love their chances of beating the Jets and Ravens here if there happens to be a rematch with either team come playoff time. The Steelers come playoff time absolutely have to start these games out faster and better then they have been the last few weeks. They have to be able to take advantage of good field position early on in the game which they didnt do yesterday against the Jets. And they have to be able to finish drives with TD's instead of settling for 3 points. And most importantly, they have got to knock off these stupid holding penalties and personal fouls at key points in the game. If they can improve in all of these areas come playoff time I love their chances of beating everybody and anybody they match up against...

The week off is huge. Bigger than homefield but with it come a home game and that's great for the city and the fans. All records go out the window when the playoffs start. We know that as well as any team. Winning when we didn't expect it and lossing when you thought for sure they would win.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

I'm not real worried. If we have Ben in the first Ravens game, imo, we beat them. We should have beat the Jets, and the Pats, well you are gonna have one of them games every couple years. Odds are we are gonna get the Ratbirds or Jets again and I think this team will be more then ready to go blow to blow with those two teams.
    Proud fan of Dale Earnhardt Jr., Pittsburgh Steelers, Duke Bluedevils, and San Antonio Spurs.

Draft Pick
    Just thought this was a weird coincidence that our losses came to the "New" teams
    1. New Orleans
    2. New England
    3. New York
    4. Baltimore...of which Lord Baltimore built his mansion in Newfoundland.

Well, I just hope that the boys in Black and Gold can tear it in the playoffs. I truly would like to see a rematch with the Pats...in order to be the best, you've got to beat the best.
    Go Steelers...

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    We are so banged up. We need that 1st round bye.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    Mellow
    in '08 we lost to 4 playoff teams, and 2 of them at home (colts, giants)...

the playoffs are a different beast! the regular season means nothing at that point. did anyone expect a 9-7 cardinals team to make the super bowl and almost win it?

did anyone expect a 7-5 steelers team who needed to win out go on the road 3 straight weeks, knocking off one of the best teams who destroyed them earlier in the year, and win the super bowl?

did anyone expect in '95 that a 9-7 team come one play away from going to the super bowl, knocking off the best team in the AFC in their own building?

Larry said it best: all the records go out the window!

the steelers have some flaws, but everybody does. all that matters is that you make the plays that day against your opponent. BRING 'EM ALL ON!
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Steelers only beat 2 really good teams this year, Falcons, Ravens...

This team is overrated as hell by us the fans...It's a shame too, because with the right play calling this team could be elite!

Ben throwing 44 times while we had a RB rushing for over 100 yards is a problem.
    Last edited by LatrobePA; 12-21-2010 at 08:46 AM.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Steelers only beat 2 really good teams this year, Falcons, Ravens...

This team is overrated as hell by us the fans...It's a shame too, because with the right play calling this team could be elite!

Ben throwing 44 times while we had a RB rushing for over 100 yards is a problem.

not trying to start anything here, but in '08 we beat 2 playoff teams in the regular season (ravens twice, and chargers) and lost to 4 playoff teams. still turned out well.

i don't think we are overrating our team or our chances...but to say we don't have a chance, or a really good chance is underrating our team a bit. every team has some weaknesses, and on any given day they can be beaten.

it's not always about the best regular season team...it's the best post season team...they are vastly different!
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    i don't think we are overrating our team or our chances...but to say we don't have a chance, or a really good chance is underrating our team a bit. every team has some weaknesses
    true, we have the same chance as each playoff team. we can win big. we need the bye week for sure and the offense has to turn on at some point.

When we made our playoff run into SB 40 we had Bettis, FWP and the gang tearing up the other teams and we were controlling the ball. if BA would have been OC would Bettis have played back then?

We have this awesome team now and i just cant shake the feeling that we are dragging a huge BoatAnchor with us this year... Go Steelers

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    true, we have the same chance as each playoff team. we can win big. we need the bye week for sure and the offense has to turn on at some point.

When we made our playoff run into SB 40 we had Bettis, FWP and the gang tearing up the other teams and we were controlling the ball. if BA would have been OC would Bettis have played back then?

We have this awesome team now and i just cant shake the feeling that we are dragging a huge BoatAnchor with us this year... Go Steelers
    Thanks, that's what I'm saying...Every team in the NFL is overrated by their fans, that's OK. But I'm trying to come to terms with our struggles. Our offense is flat out lousy and no where near good enough right this second to make a deep run.

When you have something that is working, i.e our running game last week you stick with it. Grind it out, our problem is we can't do that with the lousy play calling.

Mendy should of had a buck fifty....They couldn't stop him!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information