Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Steelers still in great shape despite this tough loss to the Jets...

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    Top 30 Troyisabeast_43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,707
    My Mood
    colts-hater

    Steelers still in great shape despite this tough loss to the Jets...

    The Steelers should destroy the Panthers on Thursday night after this loss here tonight that's all Im going to say about that game it had better not be close what so ever...Gotta have these last 2 games now after this loss to the Jets tonight...I said and made a thread on here a few weeks ago saying the Steelers can afford to lose to the Jets even if the Ravens won their last 4 games. Well the Ravens have won their games with the Texans and Saints and the Steelers lost this game to the Jets but that's it right there. You cannot afford another loss now the rest of the way. The bottom line now is the Steelers win these 2 games against the pathetic Panthers and the Browns who have lost two weeks in a row to the worst 2 teams in the AFC the Bills and the Bengals and they win the AFC North and get the number 2 seed. If the Steelers lose to either one of these 2 teams the Steelers dont deserve to win the AFC North and dont deserve to get the bye week...Take care of your own business here and the division and the bye week is still yours and all the Ravens work these last 4 games is all for not...

  2. #2
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,616
    Look, we are in a lot of trouble. Why? Because Bruce Arians, combined with the way the refs are cheating are more then we can overcome.

    I"m feeling very bad right now because the play calling sucked at an epic level today. And our defense basically has not adjusted to the short passing philosphy that the Patriots used against us, and was copied by the Jets today.

    Let me be more specific....Dick Lebeau has not made any adjustments. We've been exposed defensively and Lebeau has shown NOTHING to stop it.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  3. #3
    Top 30 Troyisabeast_43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,707
    My Mood
    colts-hater
    Defense was without Troy and Aaron Smith today both and only gave up 1 TD so while they didnt play great they still will have those 2 back for the playoffs and play better when they are both back in there...Arians is still a ****ing moron and is choice of play calling at certain points in this game were once again **** poor and stupid like always...The Steelers have got to stop with these 15 yard stupid ****ing penalties at dumb times. Flozell punching the guy in the head after the Steelers got a big first down near midfield with Wallace was really dumb, and the Clark helmet to helmet hit was not smart either...You cannot have these stupid *** penalties like this in games against teams like the Jets who are good enough to burn you and take advantage of it...Ill say this much if Troy does not come back in the playoff which I am very sure he will this Steelers team and defense has no chance. They had better hope this injury is not any more serious then what they are saying...
    Last edited by Troyisabeast_43; 12-20-2010 at 12:11 AM.

  4. #4
    Starter Steel Trap86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,685
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    They deserved to lose with those play calls imo and I'm glad they got one more boot up there *** before the playoffs.

  5. #5
    steelersbabex25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    College Park, MD
    Posts
    12,055
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    The Steelers should destroy the Panthers on Thursday night after this loss here tonight that's all Im going to say about that game it had better not be close what so ever...Gotta have these last 2 games now after this loss to the Jets tonight...I said and made a thread on here a few weeks ago saying the Steelers can afford to lose to the Jets even if the Ravens won their last 4 games. Well the Ravens have won their games with the Texans and Saints and the Steelers lost this game to the Jets but that's it right there. You cannot afford another loss now the rest of the way. The bottom line now is the Steelers win these 2 games against the pathetic Panthers and the Browns who have lost two weeks in a row to the worst 2 teams in the AFC the Bills and the Bengals and they win the AFC North and get the number 2 seed. If the Steelers lose to either one of these 2 teams the Steelers dont deserve to win the AFC North and dont deserve to get the bye week...Take care of your own business here and the division and the bye week is still yours and all the Ravens work these last 4 games is all for not...
    Agreed.

  6. #6
    Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Northeast Ohio (Clowns country)
    Posts
    1,998
    My Mood
    Cool
    Hey we watch this team every week. The Steelers have not been playing good football. We know this. Someone that isn't a fan, but see our record and think we are that good. They have not been securing leads and putting teams away. They are not a dominant football team. Every week its the same crap. We've been winning despite ourselves. This may cut it against the Bills and Bengals, but not against playoff calibur teams. What bothers me is the offense is so inept. You can not depend on your defense to win you ball games every week. Injuries happen to everyone. We must adjust to no polamalu.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

  7. #7
    Top 30 Troyisabeast_43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    3,707
    My Mood
    colts-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Trap86 View Post
    They deserved to lose with those play calls imo and I'm glad they got one more boot up there *** before the playoffs.
    I agree the Steelers would have had to win 9 games in a row now to win the Super Bowl had they won this game tonight against the Jets. Now it will only take 5 wins in a row which is much more realistic and doable... So sometimes losses like this are a blessing in disguise before the playoffs because you are always going to be long overdue for a loss if youre on a long winning streak going into the playoffs...

    --- Added 12/19/2010 at 11:30 PM ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post
    Hey we watch this team every week. The Steelers have not been playing good football. We know this. Someone that isn't a fan, but see our record and think we are that good. They have not been securing leads and putting teams away. They are not a dominant football team. Every week its the same crap. We've been winning despite ourselves. This may cut it against the Bills and Bengals, but not against playoff calibur teams. What bothers me is the offense is so inept. You can not depend on your defense to win you ball games every week. Injuries happen to everyone. We must adjust to no polamalu.
    I agree if this team doesnt step up their game come playoff time in all areas especially on offense they could very well be one and done. They looked like this a lot in 2008 going into the playoffs having a lot of problems on offense and got it together by the time the playoffs started and won the Super Bowl so there still is time and a pretty good chance to do just that. Hopefully today's loss was a good wakeup call and a good kick in the *** for the Steelers as a team...

  8. #8
    Starter Steel Trap86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,685
    My Mood
    Buzzed
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    I agree the Steelers would have had to win 9 games in a row now to win the Super Bowl had they won this game tonight against the Jets. Now it will only take 5 wins in a row which is much more realistic and doable... So sometimes losses like this are a blessing in disguise before the playoffs because you are always going to be long overdue for a loss if youre on a long winning streak going into the playoffs...
    They are still in control of the division and have 2 winnable games against Carolina and the Browns to secure a 2nd seed. In 08 we got our *** kicked in Tennessee before getting into the playoffs in the exact same position we are in now...10-4 with 2 games left.

    They deserved to lose IMO, you can't get by in the playoffs with that ****. Nice draw plays Arians, using Moore was genius too..way to go. I guess it will just work itself out in the playoffs though right lol Time to wake up
    Last edited by Steel Trap86; 12-20-2010 at 12:54 AM.

  9. #9
    Assistant Coach coldrolled's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Fort Myers Beach
    Posts
    5,964
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    I agree if this team doesnt step up their game come playoff time in all areas especially on offense they could very well be one and done. They looked like this a lot in 2008 going into the playoffs having a lot of problems on offense and got it together by the time the playoffs started and won the Super Bowl so there still is time and a pretty good chance to do just that. Hopefully today's loss was a good wakeup call and a good kick in the *** for the Steelers as a team...
    We are not winning much against the good teams.. Spaeth Sucks.. Arians Sucks

    So lets throw to speath all night and watch him drop balls.....

    This offense is really f.....up..... Arians needs to go today.. Give us two games to fix the play calling.
    Last edited by coldrolled; 12-20-2010 at 06:42 AM.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,920
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    We are not wiing much against the good teams.. Spaeth Sucks.. Arians Sucks
    They only played a few top teams this year. NE, NO, Bal x 2, Jets and Atlanta. They are 2-4 in those games, beating only Baltimore once and Atlanta. Not really a great showing.

    And they should have lost 2 more once to Miami and I think Buffalo and the Cincy game was uncomfortably close.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Steelers vs. Bears Preview
    By Ironman in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-18-2009, 11:35 PM
  2. How the Steelers matchup against the Cardinals
    By DBR96A in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-25-2009, 03:07 PM
  3. Ravens vs. Steelers
    By JensK in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 05:42 PM
  4. Steelers stockpiling wins before tough stretch
    By ejsteeler in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 03:00 PM
  5. Old School Gospel
    By FC FURY in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-23-2008, 07:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •