Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Polamalu could sit for the rest of the season

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Fight
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityKid5 View Post
    The same girlie regiment he used in 2008 that propelled us to a Super Bowl? He knows his body. Every body is different. He's just one of the unfortunate ones... he's prone to injuries, nothing really you can do about it.
    I know, forgive me please!

Quote Originally Posted by Rampage View Post
    Additional muscle mass is not going to prevent tendinitis or a torn ACL. If anything, his workout gives him the ability to play like he does: Explosiveness and speed. His injuries can be attributed more to his style of play than his style of exercise.
    Yes certain excercises can strengthen certain muscles. Your right his regiment allows for explosivness and speed now he needs to add that regiment that will toughen him up.
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

Quote Originally Posted by Blazedby92 View Post

Yes certain excercises can strengthen certain muscles. Your right his regiment allows for explosivness and speed now he needs to add that regiment that will toughen him up.
    I understand the bolded part; I've been a weightlifter for good portion of my life. I just do not feel that doing a bunch of squats and deadlifts are going to make a drastic difference in his injury prevention. While I like the idea of strength and power coming from bigger lifts, I think it is up to Polamalu to determine whether or not his workouts are successful. The only thing that I dislike about his routine is that he supposedly does not lift a weight greater than 20 pounds, although I am not sure if that is accurate. I wouldn't mind seeing him add a Caveman Training day to his current routine, though. Check it out if you haven't seen it before:

Thread Information