Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Polamalu could sit for the rest of the season

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    If the Steelers don't need him to help win more games to improve our position in the post season then definitely sit him. If it turns out that we do need him, I would suspect he'll be out there.

Get real. Of course we NEED him to win. With no Polamalu, I don't think we make it. Because who else makes plays in the secondary???? Exactly.

Troy is the one player on defense we can't afford to lose. The defense goes down a couple of notches to say the least.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Jesus. Literally, I can't remember the last time Troy stayed healthy for a whole season. I don't get it.

Banned
    steelersbabe, u got season tix?

Quote Originally Posted by Blazedby92 View Post
    Must be that girlie work out regiment of his. MT needs to get him a strength coach add just a little muscle in his lower body.

The same girlie regiment he used in 2008 that propelled us to a Super Bowl? He knows his body. Every body is different. He's just one of the unfortunate ones... he's prone to injuries, nothing really you can do about it.

Did any of you complaining about him being prone to injuries see how he was injured? It was unfortunate to say the least - a freak accident - Palmer's revenge. I would take the play he made and the risk of injury any day.

Shut him down. Take our chances. With him and Aaron Smith in the line up come playoff time and if Tom Brady somehow breaks his leg before we see them in the playoffs, we are Super Bowl bound.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Get real. Of course we NEED him to win. With no Polamalu, I don't think we make it. Because who else makes plays in the secondary???? Exactly.

Troy is the one player on defense we can't afford to lose. The defense goes down a couple of notches to say the least.
    Amen, were screwed... We already have to win despite the officials and our Red Zone Offense...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

What can you do, stuff happens, I suppose. I don't think this would be as much of a problem if the offense could put up some stinkin' points. And I don't mean 2 or 3 Suisham field goals, Ariens!

Overall, smart move to rest him for the playoff. Time for some guys to step up and make plays. Just do what you have to do to get that 2nd seed!

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    If the Steelers don't need him to help win more games to improve our position in the post season then definitely sit him. If it turns out that we do need him, I would suspect he'll be out there.
    I agree. I bet if he is needed he suits up. Otherwise, by all means, sit on the bench and put up your feet Troy!
    :logospin:

Gotta face the facts, Troy isn't getting any younger and his style of play will keep him getting hurt...I think it's time to start keeping an eye out for his replacement a few years down the road...

Quote Originally Posted by Blazedby92 View Post
    Must be that girlie work out regiment of his. MT needs to get him a strength coach add just a little muscle in his lower body.
    Additional muscle mass is not going to prevent tendinitis or a torn ACL. If anything, his workout gives him the ability to play like he does: Explosiveness and speed. Harrison is a gym rat, but that would not translate well to a guy like Polamalu; a player who I regard as probably one of the most self-aware in the league. His injuries can be attributed more to his style of play than his style of exercise.

Thread Information