Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A sad day for Steeler Nation

Bookmark and Share
    Duke of 531

A sad day for Steeler Nation

i just got home from the game and just what i had hoped wouldn't happened did ...the steelers attendence numbers were an embarassment...i would love to hear some peoples excuse why they couldn't attend todays game...sorry folks a few drops of rain doesn't cut it...and it sure as hell wasn't bitterly cold...hell i didn't even wear a coat...and there were 7,549 seats empty again i guess these people had to go christmas shopping...i know if i had tickets that i couldn't sell, i would try to give them away...i never seen a single person turn down free steeler tickets...just terrible today i really don't even know where to go from here...we wish to have the best fan base but today surely doesn't prove it
    Last edited by airbrake 1; 12-12-2010 at 06:17 PM.

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    wow--that's unfortunate. Never thought I would see empty seats at a Steeler's home game.
    :logospin:

Duke of 531
    i'll bet these same pricks will show up for a playoff game if we are fortunate enough to get one...this has become a disturbing trend...you can't claim to have the best fan base with numbers like this period

What's caused the fall off? Usually could count on Steeler fans packing the place.

the problem was last second bengals deserters that bought tickets. ticket hub was sold out since wed for tickets, and bengals fans just wasted there money by staying home.

It has to do with the state of pro sports in general today. So many of the seats are bought by corporations and used for customers or perks for employees. Unfortunately many tickets go to people that don't appreciate them and have no problem not using them if something comes up or the weather doesn't cooperate. It happens everywhere in every sport.

I actually thought the crowd was louder than normal especially when we weren't doing well in the 1st half.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Duke of 531
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxsteelernation View Post
    the problem was last second bengals deserters that bought tickets. ticket hub was sold out since wed for tickets, and bengals fans just wasted there money by staying home.
    so you're saying that people in cincinnati bought the tickets above face value and just decided to not attend today... no way...these were steeler season ticket holders who decided to stay home and not attempt to do anything charitable or even half charitable with their tickets...i believe the steelers ticket office will help you donate your unused tickets to a worthwhile program like the boys and girls club, but i guess that is too much work for these folks

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    It has to do with the state of pro sports in general today. So many of the seats are bought by corporations and used for customers or perks for employees. Unfortunately many tickets go to people that don't appreciate them and have no problem not using them if something comes up or the weather doesn't cooperate. It happens everywhere in every sport.

I actually thought the crowd was louder than normal especially when we weren't doing well in the 1st half.
    Before there were skybox seats here in Connecticut when we had the Hartford Whalers Hockey team where it was disgusting to see the entire lower ring being empty while the nose bleeds being filled and vocal. I will never forget sneaking down to the lower tier level and being scolded by a women knitting a sweather in front of me while I was screaming a bad call.

Wait if we have sh!tty weather when the Super Bowl gets played in Giant Stadium. There are only so many sky box seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondhead View Post
    What's caused the fall off? Usually could count on Steeler fans packing the place.
    Your avatar scared them all away!! lol
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Duke of 531
    i think this is just what has happened in sports these last 30 years the owners have priced the average fan out of the stadium and now most of the seats are owned by uptight yuppie types who have never known any type of discomfort in their lives...the closest most of these people have come to sitting out in the cold for a few hours is when they were skiing in aspen...so these ignorant bastards look out the window in the morning and see a few drops of rain and say "no way im going out there today" and the tickets sit in a drawer going to waste...season tickets only cost around $300 a few years back now they are close to $900 plus the seat license...$900 dollars to the yuppie types is like a dollar to you and me...so they don't give a damn ...but these same pieces of s**t will show up for the playoff games and act as if they are the most loyal and diehard of fans...Screw them

Thread Information