Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Polamalu doubtful for Sunday

Bookmark and Share

Polamalu doubtful for Sunday

Not what I wanted to hear 1st thing in the morning.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/10351/1111429-66.stm

Troy not expected to play!!!

We neeeeed Troy but he might not play due to his injury he re-agrivated last week!!!

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    If his Achilles injury is acting up more, then it's a wise move to have him not playing. I'd rather him be healthy for the playoffs, instead of risking him tearing that Achilles and be out for the year. Our D will be fine without him against the lifeless Jets.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

If in fact Troy does not play, who is the better option, Mundy or Will Allen? I'm leaning towards the verteran Allen, but Mundy has been here for a few years and knows the defense a little better. Bottom line, as potentially erratic as Sanchez tends to be, especially in colder weather, it's up to the front 7 to make sure he doesn't get comfortable in the pocket.

This might be a game where the offense actually has to play better than the (Steelers) defense and take the pressure off of them (for once). Offense has been pretty anemic, scoring-wise since the Raiders blow out.

--- Added 12/17/2010 at 06:36 AM ---

Rumor around Jets camp is Sanchez has a shoulder injury that he is not disclosing to the team.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Do not underestimate his loss folks. His presence in there against Santonio on those slants and in routes is crucial. Take him away and that spells trouble. Yes I know Sanchez blows right now, but nevertheless. His importance in stopping the run is huge as well.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelDad View Post
    Do not underestimate his loss folks. His presence in there against Santonio on those slants and in routes is crucial. Take him away and that spells trouble. Yes I know Sanchez blows right now, but nevertheless. His importance in stopping the run is huge as well.
    We'll be fine without him. Our seconday was amazing last year. William Gay, Joe Burnett and Tyrone Carter were spectacular. Underestimate his loss? Mundy will make us say, 'Troy who?'

Ike will be locked up with Santonio and McFadden will get Edwards. Again, the success of the defense will be predicated on the front 7 pressuring Sanchez. They don't necessarilly have to sack him 6 times, but they have to pressure him, give him "Happy Feet", so he is not comfortable back there. WHen pressed, Sanchez likes to hit the check down so Timmons and Potsie will have to be sure to respect the check down.

Question is, who is a better fit, Mundy or Allen?

My Mood
    Addicted
    Christ. Can't this man stay healthy for more than a month?

It's his style of play which makes him vulnerable to injury. Let's face it, Troy is not (your) conventional Safety.

Something to chew on here: If the Steelers lose this week, they still hold the #2 seeding. Obviously I want them to win, but not the end of the world if they don't. Not to mention, the Ravens looke quite pedestrian in their secondary, and the Sanits are coming to town. I think the Saints are gonna give the Ravens a fit on Sunday and I look for them to beat the Ravens.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Steelers' Polamalu not likely to play vs. Jets
    Friday, December 17, 2010
    By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Peter Diana/Post-Gazette
    Steelers safety Troy Polamalu is dealing with a lower-leg injury.

Troy Polamalu, who has made game-changing defensive plays in each of the past three games, is not expected to play Sunday against the New York Jets after aggravating his lower-leg injury on a 45-yard interception return for a touchdown against the Cincinnati Bengals.
    Polamalu has not practiced the past two days, which has been the routine for the five-time Pro Bowl safety since he was injured last month. But he has always practiced Friday and played Sunday -- until now.
    The Steelers do not have to list Polamalu's official injury status for the game until today after practice. He will be replaced in the starting lineup by Ryan Mundy or Will Allen.
    Despite aggravating his injury in the second quarter against the Bengals, Polamalu never missed a play and even had a second interception in the fourth quarter.
    His teammates have suggested that one of the reasons he lateraled the ball to cornerback Bryant McFadden on the second interception -- a move that upset coach Mike Tomlin and defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau -- was because Polamalu did not want to continue to run with his injury, especially because it could have been a lengthy return.
    Polamalu, who has four of his team-high six interceptions during the team's four-game winning streak, has been a defensive hero lately.
    His diving interception at the Steelers' 2 in the final three minutes in Buffalo prevented the Bills from tying the game or scoring the go-ahead touchdown in the Steelers' overtime victory. The following week, his strip sack on Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco led to the winning touchdown with 2:51 remaining in a 13-10 victory in Baltimore. And his interception return for touchdown against the Bengals tied the score and ignited the Steelers in a 23-7 victory.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10351...#ixzz18NLU77qE

Thread Information