My Mood
    Love
    Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel View Post
    NO way.
    In other words.....not yet.

My Mood
    Love

Wide receivers brace for Jets' secondary

Many receivers around the NFL have been isolated on Revis Island. Opposing teams have become so wary of New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis' ability to defend in man-to-man coverage that they rarely throw passes in his direction.

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger said he will not shy away from throwing Revis' way purposely when the Steelers play host to the Jets Sunday at Heinz Field.

"To me, it's about playing the game," Roethlisberger said. "I don't mean any disrespect to him or anyone else out there. We go in with a game plan, and that's the game plan we'll try to execute.

"There are a lot of great guys on that defense. If we had to shy away from Bart Scott running the ball, I think it affects your game. We're going to try to execute the game plan to the best of our ability."

Receiver Hines Ward is looking forward to the challenge against the All-Pro corner, who played at Aliquippa High School and Pitt before breaking into the NFL

"I'm a big Revis fan," Ward said. "I watched him at Pitt. For me, I'll do some extra studying. He's a great man-to-man player. If my number is called, I have to be able to scratch, claw, do whatever it takes to help our team make plays."

Ward said he expects to be matched up with Revis and for Mike Wallace to be matched against Antonio Cromartie.

"They're the best tandem that Mike and I and the other guys will face all year," Ward said. "It'll be a tough matchup for Mike and I. But it's the NFL. Every week, someone will be tough. It's December. You'll play good playoff teams. We might see this team again in the playoffs."

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Wallace was tweeting last night about how he's exciting about playing Revis and is looking forward to taking over Revis Island.

You can't shy away from a strong secondary, you have to use your weapons to your advantage. You still have to take your shots down field and not be afraid to throw the ball.

Because the Jets blitz A LOT, there will be A LOT of man coverage in the secondary. Will definitely be a challenge for the Jets secondary.

Thread Information