Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heath Miller passes concussion tests

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    no mood

Heath Miller passes concussion tests

PITTSBURGH -- Steelers tight end Heath Miller has passed his post-concussion neurological tests and will return to practice Wednesday.

Miller sustained the first concussion of his career Dec. 5 on a hit by Ravens linebacker Jameel McClain. McClain was not penalized, but later was fined $40,000 by the NFL.

Miller didn't play against Cincinnati, but coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday he is set to go against the Jets (9-4) on Sunday.

Right tackle Flozell Adams (high ankle sprain) also is expected to play, as are cornerback Bryant McFadden (hamstring) and linebacker Keyaron Fox (hyperextended elbow). All three played against Cincinnati.

Cornerback Troy Polamalu won't practice Wednesday and Thursday due to an injury the Steelers (10-3) have variously described as being to his Achilles' tendon and ankle. Polamalu routinely doesn't practice until Friday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5919494

James Harrison - "Right now, you know, some people may want to jump on the Steelers bandwagon.
    Don't do that. We don't need you. We didn't need you at the beginning, we don't need you now."

My Mood
    Addicted
    That's awesome. Heath really is a difference maker. Glad he's gonna be back and it wasn't too serious.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yeah Tomlin mentioned this today, it's great news! When Heath isn't in there Ben has no safety valve. Spaeth dropped a pass right in his hands, although he did make a couple others in that game.

Getting Miller back in a big game against the Jets coming up.

Great news. Miller is a huge asset for this team.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Woodley is tweeting now welcoming back Heath to the team this week. Pretty cool!

I was mentioning on the podcast too how Heath is a fan favorite and how much he means to Ben and the offense. Now if we can just get him more touches in a game! But alas that's asking too much I'm sure.

Miller in the middle might be key to winning!!

My Mood
    colts-hater
    I really believe you will start seeing Heath become more involved in the offense here the next few weeks and in the playoffs especially with the Steelers recent red zone problems. Heath as we all know is money in the red zone and seems to find ways to get open and get in the end zone across the middle. Using more play action with Ben inside the 20 and looking for Heath in these kind of situations I really believe needs to be done a lot more...

Having Miller back this week, not only block, but to match up on the Jets safeties is huge. Hopefully Ben gets enough time to get hi the ball. I believe his presence will help most in the red zone.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    I really believe you will start seeing Heath become more involved in the offense here the next few weeks and in the playoffs especially with the Steelers recent red zone problems. Heath as we all know is money in the red zone and seems to find ways to get open and get in the end zone across the middle. Using more play action with Ben inside the 20 and looking for Heath in these kind of situations I really believe needs to be done a lot more...
    Totally agree 43.... Now if only Arians would read your post then maybe our Red Zone issues would be over.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    But Ben's got to use him more. It's not like he was using him a whole lot when he was here before the injury.

Ben's has to understand that getting that ball out of his hands is the most important thing. 6 yard receptions ARE acceptable.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information