Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time of possession? Check! Scoring TD's?.. ouch!

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Time of possession? Check! Scoring TD's?.. ouch!

This Steeler offense was on fire today in 1 category, they came up big in time of possession especially in the 2nd half. Long sustained drives, huge 3rd down conversions, Mendenhall running hard, Hines with 115 yds receiving. The list goes on and on but the scary part is they are not scoring Touchdowns. Time of possession in the 3rd quarter, Steelers had it for over 12 minutes.

First and 30, are you kidding me! How do you manage that. Thank goodness Ben found Hines to bring up 3rd and one on that series. I believe it was 5 holding calls in the 3rd quarter. Something has got to give.

Suisham was perfect again today, I'm completely sold on this kid as our FG kicker of the future.

As for the rest of the offense though, it feels like they are living on borrowed time. The line cannot block anybody, Ben was getting crushed. The amount of pressure Ben was under all day was unacceptable. Don't get me wrong, a win is a win and this one was BIG. They did everything right today except for scoring when they hit the redzone. Credit it again though, they kept fighting, didn't give up, but sooner or later we've got to score more points.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 12-12-2010 at 04:12 PM.

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Have got to solve the TD issue! Cannot advance in the playoffs unless we do
    :logospin:

We need to start running more PA in the red zone

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers_All_Day_43 View Post
    We need to start running more PA in the red zone
    Since when have you seen PA anywhere on the field for the Steelers? I agree, but they just don't seem to put that in the arsenal.

--- Added 12/12/2010 at 03:20 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post

First and 30, are you kidding me! How do you manage that. Thank goodness Ben found Hines to bring up 3rd and one on that series. .
    Great subtle adjustment on that route by Ward to make that catch. Awesome.

I've been an ARE hater, but damn that was a nice catch as well.
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Randle El has been the whipping boy on the offense from the fans perspective, but you are right that catch he made today was monster. He elevated himself as high as he is tall. LOL.

The Steelers have always been about the defense, but my goodness all those wonderful long drives lost to either a punt or a FG is very disheartening. A win is a win, yes, but we really need these guys to step it up. Granted it is the AFC North here, these games are almost never blowouts.

My Mood
    Clowns
    These holding penalties on these long drives are absolutely killing the Steelers and have been killing them for weeks now...They gotta be able to avoid these penalties and finish off these drives come playoff time. It seems like everytime the Steelers get a big play to get them going on an important drive they **** it up with a stupid *** penalty. This **** has got to stop and stop immediately or down the road it will end up costing the Steelers big time...

My Mood
    Addicted
    I hate it when the defense outscores the offense..

--- Added 12/12/2010 at 08:27 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    These holding penalties on these long drives are absolutely killing the Steelers and have been killing them for weeks now...They gotta be able to avoid these penalties and finish off these drives come playoff time. It seems like everytime the Steelers get a big play to get them going on an important drive they **** it up with a stupid *** penalty. This **** has got to stop and stop immediately or down the road it will end up costing the Steelers big time...
    I was at the game so I couldn't really tell. Were the holding calls legit? Cause if they are that was unacceptable. There was what? 4 holding calls on that drive?

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns

Wheres the offense

I'm glad we won, but we ain't going anywhere unless the offense starts putting up some points.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    no mood
    Well the offense drives down the field with no huddle, then the clock stops and Arians resumes calling the plays. If I was a defensive coordinator going against the Steelers I would use my timouts to take the calls away from Ben and make Arians try and beat me.

James Harrison - "Right now, you know, some people may want to jump on the Steelers bandwagon.
    Don't do that. We don't need you. We didn't need you at the beginning, we don't need you now."

Too many drops, holding calls, horrid o-line, BA's **** poor play calling...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Thread Information