Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CFL star to work out for Steelers

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Sunshine

CFL star to work out for Steelers

CFL star wide receiver Andy Fantuz is generating significant NFL interest and is scheduled to work out for the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Minnesota Vikings next week, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

The 6-foot-4, 221-pounder plays for the Sasketchewan Roughriders and is the first Canadian to lead the CFL in receiving in several years.

Per our source, the CFL All-Star is going to work out for several NFL teams.

This season, he caught 87 passes for 1,380 yards and six touchdowns.

For his career, Fantuz has caught 276 passes for 4,136 yards and 23 touchdowns while averaging 15 yards per catch.

Fantuz, 26, was drafted in the first round of the CFL draft with the third overall pick after a standout collegiate career at Western Ontario University.

He won the Hec Crighton Trophy as the top college player in Canada, catching 189 career passes for 4,123 yards and 41 touchdowns.

He played in the East-West Shrine game in 2006 and tried out for the Detroit Lions, but wasn't signed.

In the Grey Cup championship in 2007, he won the Most Valuable Canadian award as the Roughriders won the title.

Linkhttp://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...s-Vikings.html

Guess they're still looking for that big guy for Ben
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    nice, cut ARE...

Does he have any OL or CB friends?
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Quote Originally Posted by Zachintosh66 View Post
    nice, cut ARE...

Does he have any OL or CB friends?
    Or a Dad, sister, mother, grandmother, step child, brothers sisters husband that is an OC???
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Yee this guy is a baller and I would love to see him on the steelers. though he was offsides alot in grey cup

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    You never know when you find a diamond in the rough........Cameron Wake and Stefan Logan were stars in the CFL and have made in the NFL........Chances are this guy isn't anything more then training camp fodder but you never know........The Steelers have a bunch of smurfs and this guy is 6'4.....Doesn't offer much speed but could be a big body possession type WR who also could be useful in the red zone........

My Mood
    Impatient
    The beauty of CFL stars is that you can keep them on your practice squad for a year and still have 8 other guys, so its a freebie. I would like to see us have 1 every year, cause you never know

Quote Originally Posted by aaronsmith91 View Post
    Yee this guy is a baller and I would love to see him on the steelers. though he was offsides alot in grey cup
    Yeah but he won't have to deal with all that pre-snap motion they use in the CFL. He is very physical and uses his size well to box out corners.

I say sign him and Im officially on the cut Antwaan Randle El bandwagon. Yes, thank you for the memories and you do bring veteran leadership but at least after this year I say good bye to you

He doesn't have any place on this team as long as Sanders and Brown are still active, which they should be.

Randle El barely sees the field anymore anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DanRooney View Post
    He doesn't have any place on this team as long as Sanders and Brown are still active, which they should be.

Randle El barely sees the field anymore anyway.
    I agree with this. This team is stacked at the WR position right now, and don't forget about Sweed. Shame this guy isn't a corner.

Thread Information