Thread: Lemieux to Ben: You "look like a hockey player."

My Mood
    Love

Lemieux to Ben: You "look like a hockey player."

Ben Roethlisberger walked through the locker room wearing a boot on his broken right foot and tape over his broken nose.

"Mario Lemieux told me I finally look like a hockey player," the Steelers quarterback said, managing a slight laugh.

Nevertheless Roethlisberger took his regular turns on the practice field with his teammates this afternoon. He will wear a protective shield in Sunday's game against the Cincinnati Bengals, a first for him.

"We're going to get some practice [with it] so we'll see," Roethlisberger said. "I saw the early forecast is rain, snow, so it'll be fun I'm sure."

Roethlisberger had a brief talk with referee Terry McAuley in Baltimore Sunday night after Haloti Ngata smacked him in the head with his left hand, breaking his nose. There was no penalty flag tossed on Ngata but the league fined the Ravens defensive lineman $15,000 on Monday for the hit it called illegal.

"I just asked him if he saw the blood and just kind of asked him -- I'm not one that cusses at the refs or anything -- so I just asked him if he thought that he went for my head," Roethlisberger said of McAuley.

"His response was, 'He was just trying to tackle you.' So I just let it go at that."

He also pretty much let go a comment by Cincinnati wide receiver Terrell Owens on his Versus network television show shortly after Oakland's Richard Seymour decked Roethlisberger with a sucker punch after a play Nov. 21 in Heinz Field.

"A hockey player would have took that," Owens said of Seymour's punch, " [and] kept on ticking. That shows you how soft Ben is."

Said the hockey-player-looking Roethlisberger today, "Im glad I could get ratings for him."

My Mood
    Addicted
    This from a drama queen.....yeah right T.O. if anyone knows anything about anything it's you....

Thread Information