Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updated playoff scenario after tonight's KC/SD game...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Updated playoff scenario after tonight's KC/SD game...

Okay guys well I just looked at the updated standings after tonight's game with the Chiefs and Chargers and the Steelers are currently 10th at 7-7 in the AFC behind the Bengals who are 5th,Denver 6th,Jacksonville,7th,Jets 8th,and Buffalo 9th. Buffalo is 7-7 just like the Steelers but since they have a better conference record currently at 5-5 over the Steelers 4-6 they occupy the 9th slot ahead of us but that will surely change I think so dont worry too much about that. But here is the real shocker here that Im about to tell you did you know by next Monday night which is Christmas night after the Jets Miami game that the Steelers could very well be the 6th seed going into the final week of the season and just need one thing to happen going into their New Years Eve game with the Bengals combined with them winning?? Its not an impossible situation or scenario either so without any hesitation here it is and its not totally impossible like I said at all listen and read carefully here goes.

The Steelers will be the 6th seed in the AFC going into the last week by midnight Christmas night IF the following things happen: Kansas City beats Oakland on Saturday night and yes I said beat Oakland as in we need them to win Ill explain in a bit, New England beats Jacksonville, Tennessee beats Buffalo, Cincinnati to beats Denver and yes I said Cincinnati needs to beat Denver and Ill explain that too just like Kansas City in a second here ,and the Jets to lose on Christmas night in hot Miami to the Miami Dolphins. Now Im sure many of you are asking how is that possible?? Well if you read my other scenario I posted on my other posts you will see why but Ill still explain. We need Kansas City to win against Oakland on Saturday night and Denver to lose to Cincy on Sunday because as I said they break the tie in the divisions first and Kansas City would be ahead of Denver based on better division record 4-2 to Denver's 3-3, and since the Steelers beat Kansas City head to head they would then finish of course ahead of them. Next, they would be ahead of Jacksonville and Tennessee for the same reasons by the end of next week too. I say this because Tennessee first off if they beat Buffalo next week they take care of them for us and put Buffalo at 7-8 and eliminate them from playoff contention totally. So that is one team that will be gone. Second, they would be ahead of Jacksonville as I said based on the same reasons I said for Kansas City being ahead of Denver. They have a better division record then the Jags do Tennessee is 4-2 and the Jags are 3-3. So the Titans would cancel the Jags out first and then the Steelers would win the tiebraker over the Titans at 9-7 based on common opponents. Like I said in my other post there is no way Tennessee will finish ahead of the Steelers if both finish at 9-7. Finally, there is the Jets and if the Jets lose in Miami on Christmas night it puts them at 8-7 and tied with the Steelers at 8-7 but again just like Tennessee the Steelers would win the tiebraker over the Jets based on common opponents since their conference record is the same as the Steelers at 6-6 it would next come down to common games and since the Jets lost to the Browns and Dolphins and the Steelers beat both they would win that tiebraker.

Now if all that occurs next week and if you look at it its not impossible at all to say it wont trust me its not. All the Steelers would need the last week of the season would be for them to beat Cincinnati down in Cincy and for the Chiefs to beat the Jags down in Kansas City it would be that simple and here is why. First off if the Jags lose their final 2 games their 8-8 and the Steelers are 9-7 and they get in based on better record. And if the Chiefs beat Jacksonville and Denver as I said before loses to Cincy next week the best Denver could finish would be 9-7 and as I mentioned before if KC wins out and beats Oakland and Jags they finish 9-7 and they would cancel out the Broncos for us if they finish 9-7 because as I said they break the tie within the division first and since KC has a better division record then the Broncos they win that tiebraker and then of course it would come down to the Steelers and KC head to head and the Steelers at 9-7 along with the Chiefs would win that tiebraker. And as I said we win the tiebraker over the Jets at 9-7 no matter what they do their last week against Oakland based on common opponents. But there you have it if all that occurs next week even with Kansas City and Tennessee winning as long as Denver would lose to Cincy,the Jags would lose to the Patriots,and the Jets losing to Miami in Miami on Christmas night by midnight Christmas night we will go into the final week of the season as the 6th seed then all we would need to get that final playoff spot as I mentioned is beat the Bengals the last week and Kansas City beat Jacksonville in Kansas City. That can very very very well happen if you look at it closely like I have been and take sometime to think about it and read what I just wrote carefully. Its totally accurate and a true scenario by me its not made up at all, and whats even more insane is that is has a pretty damn good shot of maybe happening too it really does. Next week on Christmas Eve is going to be a very very fun day to watch football keep an eye on all those games I just mentioned to you and like I said dont be surprised by midnight Christmas night if the Steelers head into the last week as the number 6 seed it could very damn well happen. Let me know what you guys think about this latest whacky insane miracle scenarios.

damn, your the man

its actually not impossible by a longshot, alot needs to happen, but nothing that needs to happen is extremely unlikely, everything is possible, there is not one thing there that you would say "oh man thats never gonna happen" we just need all the pieces to fall. I think the biggest obsticle is gonna be the ratbirds this week, that has to come first...and im not worried about it, im gonna be there

real quick could you make me a list of the teams i have to root for this week, just so i dont have to try and pick them out of your explaination?

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Damn you 43, Ive been trying not to get my hopes up but you keep posting up makeable scenarios every week and it's hard to disagree with most of what you've mentioned as going down...ESPN should hire you to break down these playoff runs !

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Well, what I think is that a few weeks ago many were probably laughing at your projected scenarios.

I'd venture to guess that fewer are laughing now, as more and more of these things are coming to pass.

Now I'd be the last one to say that all the rest of this WILL happen, but I'd also be the last to say it can't or WON'T happen. After last year, I'd never say we're out until we're out

I know that a LOT has to happen for us to get in the playoffs, but after the way we started? I'm just thrilled to be at .500, and seeing our guys play at a high level again! So great to see them playing with fire in their heart.

I for one, really appreciate your continued optimism in the face of what looked very very bleak not so long ago, and have come to look forward to your week to week break downs
    Last edited by SteelersWoman; 12-18-2006 at 01:24 AM.

House of Steel
    The Miracle of Epic Proportions can and may happen for the Steelers. That is all I can say. By Godly, if we happen to slide in at the number 6 seed and as we are playing our best football, I am telling you, the impossible can happen and this would become one of the greatest comebacks in NFL History for the Steelers to repeat as Super Bowl Champions. There is absolutely no way now that I would ever give up on us til it is over. TIL THE FAT LADY SINGS NO MORE, WE ARE ALIVE AND ROLLING!!! WHOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!

Troy
    You give us all hope and I hope everything falls in place as we need it. I also hope that if we dont make it to the playoffs, it's not because the Steelers lost a game but rather because one of the teams we need to lose comes out with a win. GO STEELERS!!!

My Mood
    Amazed

Wink

I have always agreed and simply because I have seen stranger things happen in the NFL. It is very possible, not probable but possible. That thin ray of hope is open.
    Peace & Yours in Black 'N Gold,

Lyn

www.blackngoldpride.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3JXqogT0VU

Many thanks to BR7 (Ron) for the sig and matching avatar

My Mood
    Clowns
    Sure Train here is what needs to happen this week and is the best case scenarios with the teams that we need to both win and lose so here goes :

Kansas City : We need them to win at Oakland on Saturday night so they can get to 8-7 and keep them as that possible shield for the Steelers over the Broncos incase the Broncos finish 9-7. They would cancel Denver out first based on division record 4-2 to Denver's 3-3 and then the Steelers would win the tiebraker over the Chiefs based on the 45-7 win we had over them back in October. Plus it wont hurt us either if KC beat the Jags down at Arrowhead the last week of the season as well. So root for KC to win Saturday night.

Denver : You want to root for Denver to lose to the Bengals on Sunday based on what I just said. If they lose on Sunday to the Bengals in Denver they can finish no better then 9-7 and as I mentioned in the post above with Kansas City if the Chiefs,Broncos,and Steelers all finish at 9-7 the Steelers win the 3 way tiebraker and get in. So while it wont be a killer if the Broncos do beat the Bengals on Sunday assuming Cincy loses to Indy tonight which I think they will. I want them to lose on Sunday to make the scenarios a bit easier for us. So root for the Broncos to lose Sunday.

Jacksonville : You obviously want to root for the Jags to lose their final 2 games home to New England this week and at Kansas City next week so they can finish at 8-8 to our 9-7 and we get in over them based on better record. However, if they do win one of these two games you would then want to root for Tennessee to win their final two games at Buffalo and at home against New England so they can be a shield for us to the Jags much like Kansas City can be a shield for us with the Broncos like I mentioned above. Tennessee would cancel out the Jags if both finish at 9-7 based on a better division record and then the Steelers would win the tiebraker over Tennessee based on common opponents. So the bottom line is you want to root no matter what happens in the Tennessee Buffalo game this week for the Jags to lose this week to the Patriots and put them at 8-7 going into their game in Kansas City the last week of the season this would be huge.

Jets : All the Jets need to for us to win the tiebraker over them is for them to lose at Miami on Christmas night or to Oakland at home the last week of the season. If the Steelers and Jets finish at 9-7 they will win the tiebraker over them based on common opponents since they both have the same conference record at 6-6. I dont see the Jets finishing at 10-6 I do think they will lose in Miami on Christmas night because they have been like a yo-yo all year long the Jets up and down. So I expect the Jets to lose next week in Miami and that would take care of them with the common opponents tiebraker. So when all is said and done root for the Jets to lose on Christmas night next week in Miami to the Dolphins.

Cincinnati : Now the easiest way to get in over the Bengals if some other things with the other teams happen is for them to lose their final 3 games at Indy,at Denver and to the Steelers so they can finish at 8-8 and the Steelers would get in over them at 9-7. However, if they win one or both of the next 2 games its not going to kill the Steelers chances of getting that last wildcard spot because the Bengals would then get the 5th seed and the Steelers would still have a shot to be the 6th very easily. So I think the Steelers would be better off rooting for Cincy to beat Denver in Denver on Sunday and just take that 5th wildcard spot and keep that scenario alive where both Denver and Kansas City can finish at 9-7 and the Steelers can win the 3-way tie. I really think that has a good shot of happening because I expect KC to win in Oakland this week and beat the Jags at home next week. So Kansas City can actually kill 2 birds with one stone for the Steelers if they eliminate the Jags by beating them the last week and finish tied with the Broncos at 9-7 the last week. They would by virtue knock out both the Broncos and the Jags for the Steelers and then the Steelers would win the head to head with Kansas City at 9-7 because they beat them and get in. So getting back to Cincy you want them to win this week over Denver.

Tennessee and Buffalo : This is the last game this week we need to worry about and this one is quite simple. If Tennessee beats Buffalo they put them at 7-8 and Eliminate them from playoff contention totally. You want this to happen for 2 reasons. First off, as I mentioned up above if Tennessee wins out and finishes at 9-7 assuming the Jags do then they cancel out the Jags for us in the division then the Steelers win the tiebraker over the Titans based on common opponents and would get in. Plus, they would take care of the Bills for us who can still finish ahead of the Steelers if they win out against Tennessee and Baltimore the last 2 weeks and finish 9-7. Buffalo would get in over the Steelers based on a better conference record then the Steelers 7-5 to the Steelers 6-6. Buffalo is believe it or not one of the few teams that can finish 9-7 with the Steelers and get in over them its really crazy but its true. So the bottom line is this week root for Tennessee to beat Buffalo this week so they can keep that scenario alive for us with the Jags and knock out Buffalo for us completely.

So when all is said and done Train here once again are the teams you need to win this week and the teams you need to lose to help the Steelers out :

Teams we need to win : Steelers (Obviously), KC, Tennessee,Cincinnati
    Teams we need to lose : Buffalo,Denver,Jacksonville,and the New York Jets

Once again if all that happens this week like I just wrote out the Steelers will head into their game in Cincinnati as the number 6 seed and all they would need to get a playoff spot that last week would be for them to win and Cincy and for Kansas City to beat Jacksonville in Kansas City its that simple. I hope that is clear enough for you to understand. If you have anymore questions ask me Ill happy to answer or clear anything up for ya. GO STEELERS BABY!!!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Good job Troy 43 and thanks for taking the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post

Once again if all that happens this week like I just wrote out the Steelers will head into their game in Cincinnati as the number 6 seed and all they would need to get a playoff spot that last week would be for them to win and Cincy and for Kansas City to beat Jacksonville in Kansas City its that simple. I hope that is clear enough for you to understand. If you have anymore questions ask me Ill happy to answer or clear anything up for ya. GO STEELERS BABY!!!
    Yep Yep that is clear as MUD to me, I started smoking your stuff and drinking that Kool aid you made me and all I know is we still have a chance but I can't see anything else straight !!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Thread Information