Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How are the Steelers 9-3 with this offensive line?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

How are the Steelers 9-3 with this offensive line?

My God, how many different people can we play in this group. There is nobody on the line that has played the entire season without atleast missing either a game, games, or some part of a game. Scott was getting completely owned by Suggs all night long, Pouncey was having issues with Njata, and then Flozell goes out with a high ankle sprain. I'm just wondering how much longer can they hold out. At this point they are consistently "ok" and that's about as good as you can say.

we been dam lucky to have gotten as far as we have with this lineman by committee approach

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    How did the Steelers win the Super Bowl in 2008 with that OL?....lol This OL due to injury is in worse shape but that 2008 OL wasn't much better.......When you have a special QB that makes plays in big moments and a very good at times great Defense when its not timid to play then you can over come garbage along the OL.......I don't know if this season ends up like 2008 but the Steelers do have as good as shot as any team......

My Mood
    Addicted

I loved the replay where Pouncey completely took ray lewis outta the play... owned him.

My Mood
    Addicted
    How are we 9-3 with that offensive line? Simple really. Ben Roethlisberger is a god.

No one ever touches Peyton Manning.

Defense wins championships, F all the pretty boys that wouldn't have played with a bruised foot. Ours played with a broken foot and nose. We will find a way (that way usually wears a 43 or 92 jersey).

Quote Originally Posted by igor0190 View Post
    I loved the replay where Pouncey completely took ray lewis outta the play... owned him.
    that was great!!
    Have Terrible Towel, Will Travel.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Super Bowl 43 team was a different situation, the defense was unbelievably stellar that they could compensate for the shortcomings of the OL. This defense is good, there is no doubt, but they aren't as epic as that unit. If for no other reason than that team had a healthy Aaron Smith and BMac was playing well unlike tonight and last week.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    QUOTE=BlitzburghRockCity;387419]The Super Bowl 43 team was a different situation, the defense was unbelievably stellar that they could compensate for the shortcomings of the OL. This defense is good, there is no doubt, but they aren't as epic as that unit. If for no other reason than that team had a healthy Aaron Smith and BMac was playing well unlike tonight and last week.[/QUOTE]

Well yea Top, but man I wasn't comparing this defense to the 2008 unit.....All I'm saying is when you have a clutch QB and a defense that can come up with clutch plays then your team can overcome short comings on the team......Usually a poor OL dooms a team but 2008 proved you can win with a poor OL............Again this defense isn't 2008 level but its good enough to win a Super Bowl with........

Only question I have is.........Is Tony Hills that bad?....To not even get a sniff at LT or RT..........Scott is just bad.......... If Adams is out I don't want to see Essex at RT....lol

Thread Information