Thread: An email to Roger Goodell

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

An email to Roger Goodell

I just sent the following email to NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell...will be interesting to see if I get a reply:

Wes Penn to Roger Goodell

Mr. Goodell

In accordance with the NFL's emphasis on player safety, perhaps you should implement the following:

Since in the game between the Baltimore Ravens and the Pittsburgh Steelers, 1) Ben Rothlesburger had his nose broken by a hit to the facemask 2) Heath Miller (truly in the position of a "defenseless receiver") was given a concussion by a direct hit to the helmet and 3) near the end of the game Rothlesburger was again struck on the helmet and the replay showed a quick grab of the helmet under the earhole.

Since none of these infractions produced a penalty, there should be a new policy for implementing a fine for game officials that miss blatant calls. As your staff seems to love fining/penalizing the Steelers in general and James Harrison in particular, at least try to have the impression of objectivity.

Wes Penn

Assistant Coach nuclearchihuahuas's Avatar
    Roger.Goodell2@nfl.net

is this the correct email address? There are a few things I would like to share myself.
    :logospin:

I used the address you posted but got an error return. A search of the web shows to remove the "2" behind Goddell (got no no error return, but no response either...surprise).

Yea, Im sure he is going to get that, ont worry a sec will get back to you shortly.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    All the fan emails go right to a team to read them and send back some craptastic generic response I'm sure.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    This is what I sent to the "commissioner":

Mr Goodell,
    As a Steeler fan and a viewer of the NFL, I would like to know what constitutes a "defenseless player"???

It appears that TE Heath Miller was a "defenseless Player" on the helmet to helmet hit that nearly knocked him out in the 4th quarter, BUT NO FLAG WAS THROWN ON THAT PLAY!!!!

On another note, I hope that any "fines" levied by the league will go to the correct person(s) that hit any "defenseless player" ( Which was NOT James Harrison this past sunday)

Also, the hit to the helmet of QB Ben Roethlisberger (which apparently broke his nose) in the 1st quarter should also draw another fine ( James Harrison did NOT strike Roethlisberger)

I hope that the NFL will at least attempt to show impartiality toward "violators" who hit Quarterbacks IN THE HELMET and other players hitting "defenseless players" who are not PITTSBURGH STEELERS players!!

practice what you preach
    Bob Noel
    Oakland, Where Careers Go To Die!!!!!

http://myxilplik.mybrute.com

http://tironne.mybrute.com

My Mood
    Addicted
    You can't get at Roger Goodell for this. He wasn't the ref yesterday. He's doing all he can do at this point, which is fining McClain.

Just a hunch, you wont get anything in return.

My Mood
    Addicted
    not to sound like a dick, but double checking your spelling couldn't hurt

My Mood
    Addicted
    It'll be luck if the e-mail makes it to Goodell...he's got lackies I'm sure that screen all of his mail because hey we all know how busy he is at fining Harrison....that's a full time job ya know. He has already probably given orders that any e-mail from Steelers fans gets the auto delete treatment....

Thread Information