Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Harrison loses appeals........

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    i wish harrison would have got a chance to demonstrate the plays he was being fined for. first with ray anderson and second with roger goodell. then, at least, the fines would be worth it!

v
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

kind of sport is Goodell trying to make out of Football. He better be careful or his precious TV ratings will drop when folks get tired of the B/S and change the channel or get their football enjoyment strictly out of college ball. We need a new commish. Goodell is becoming too much like Hitler.
    Mr. Comissioner, feel free to resoak those kerosene rags around your ankles for the 2011-2012 season. After the lockout the ants are angry as hell and more inclined to eat your candy ***! Thanks! --75Steeler

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    There's no accountability in this fine process whatsoever, it's the NFL's way or the highway. Goodell can say what he wants about how he isn't involved in any fines or appeals, but anybody with half a brain knows that is a bunch of crap. There is no way the leader of the NFL does not know what's going on with fines and appeals.

There needs to be an impartial panel made up to decide on this types of issues. A few people having all that power is just a recipe for disaster. Until there is some accountability outside of the league offices, things will never be fair.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    If you want to talk hypocrisy, look no further than the news of the fines doled out to Finnegan and Johnson and of course Seymour. So we are to interpret things this way right Mr. Goodell?

In the act of actually "playing the game," a player who does not tackle according to "in-season adopted changes" can incur a fine of $50,000 to $75,000 for such an act, yet;

In two separate incidents with the most recent being the most barbaric, these players are merely fined $25,000 each for acts conducted outside the "actual playing of the game." Keeping in mind of course that these acts, if done on the street, would be classified as felonies.

Look, I'm not going to get into the age-old argument about what happens on the playing surface versus what happens on the street is apples and oranges. I get that. I'm just trying to make the point that this league, behind Goodell and his minions has lost its' way and has no credibility at all because the punishments clearly do not fit the crimes.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    There needs to be an impartial panel made up to decide on this types of issues. A few people having all that power is just a recipe for disaster. Until there is some accountability outside of the league offices, things will never be fair.
    And I would also like the big guy (A.K.A Roger Goodell) to not be an open fan of a rival team. HELLO BIAS.

Quote Originally Posted by igor0190 View Post
    I can't believe none of these players are getting their lawyers involved.
    I think this is probably the answer to your statement.

Quote Originally Posted by jnes1216 View Post
    This appeal process will definitely be a sticking point in the new labor negiotiations I bet.
    Could it be that Goodell and the owners are actually doing this on purpose to get something else that they want next year? They will give this to the players, make a big deal out of it like they gave them a lot, than not give them something that the owners really want keep?
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

espn and sports center said this hit was clean..

but.......

Steelers LB James Harrison Fined $25,000
    Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison has been fined $25,000 for his roughing the passer penalty on Buffalo Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    no shock about losing the appeal... does anyone ever win an appeal?

no shock about the fine for the fitz hit... at this point they are looking for anything close... lucky he didnt sneeze in his direction, woulda been another fine too
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    espn and sports center said this hit was clean..

but.......

Steelers LB James Harrison Fined $25,000
    Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison has been fined $25,000 for his roughing the passer penalty on Buffalo Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.

UNBELIEVABLE

Thread Information