Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why are we not throwing deep to Wallace anymore...

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent
    With the deep threat always being there I am surprised Ben does not practice with Wallace on the quick out. You know there is a huge cusion for this guy. Just seems like we are leaving yardage on the table when we dont take advantage of this.

I only see a small portion on the TV so maybe a LB drops back to cut this off but I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorp View Post
    Fresh tactics buddy. We gotta try different things in our run twards the playoffs. We gotta be ready for every team....I mean really ready.
    Funny. Like the way the Pats play the game in game out.. They dare you to stop them.

Thats the tactic the pats use.. If you cant stop us, you will continue to see the same play in slightly different formations....

You think Arians is saving up 100 of our best plays for the playoff games??
    Last edited by coldrolled; 11-30-2010 at 08:46 AM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    O-line plus a pretty darn good Bills secondary.
    Agreed, the Bills pass defense ranked 6th in the NFL I believe. Of course their run defense was almost dead last so it's a no brainer to go after them with the run. Had our line been able to handle the pass rush better we might have been able to go after them alittle more down field. We had our chances to get up by more than 13 points and we couldn't capitalize. It should have been 21-0 at HT.

Cover 2 deep zone or Cover 3 deep zone. That's why.

Ben is not going to force it into coverage, which is why you saw him go to his next option(s).

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Our offenses problem is we can put our foot on another teams neck, but we don't break it when we have a chance. All that running we did, should have opened up a lot of play action. BA can't spell play action let alone put it in the game plan. We get a slight lead in a game with the running game being very effective and we immediately go to our BS spread offense, knowing our OL is banged up and couldn't stop 2 squashed flies. Result=sack, incomplete, sack, punt. WTF!!!!

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Also, Wallace was the decoy all day..

Quote Originally Posted by DIESELMAN View Post
    Our offenses problem is we can put our foot on another teams neck, but we don't break it when we have a chance. All that running we did, should have opened up a lot of play action. BA can't spell play action let alone put it in the game plan. We get a slight lead in a game with the running game being very effective and we immediately go to our BS spread offense, knowing our OL is banged up and couldn't stop 2 squashed flies. Result=sack, incomplete, sack, punt. WTF!!!!
    We do this every game... It is really frustrating watching the offense.

We need to play the game to help our OL. Just common sense... I guess thats the problem.. there is no common sense designing the offense. no other real explanation.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow SteelDad On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Funny. Like the way the Pats play the game in game out.. They dare you to stop them.

Thats the tactic the pats use.. If you cant stop us, you will continue to see the same play in slightly different formations....

You think Arians is saving up 100 of our best plays for the playoff games??
    Yup. Good points. And if it were me, I'd come out doing the same thing the Pats do on Sunday. Dink and dunk 'em to death.

http://steeleraddicts.podomatic.com/
    Coming to you live from the Fortress of Steelertude!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Why do they never throw quick slants to Wallace? It's either a deep ball or no ball. I wish they would let him utilize his speed a little more.

Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Why do they never throw quick slants to Wallace? It's either a deep ball or no ball. I wish they would let him utilize his speed a little more.
    I hear you on that.

A good offensive coordinator would do that. It's just that in Pittsburgh, there's no such thing as a good offensive coordinator.

Thread Information